Analyst – Regulatory Examinations & Inquiries Specialist
Supervisory Relations is one of three divisions in the Regulatory Strategy & Policy team for BNPP’s Intermediate Holding Company (“IHC”) and Wholesale operations in the U.S. Supervisory Relations acts as a liaison with the bank’s U.S. regulators to promote effective relationships and to ensure a consistent, cohesive and strategic approach to interactions with supervisors. Supervisory Relations coordinates regulatory engagements, oversees regulatory exams and reviews, and supports management in identifying and responding to key themes in supervisory activities.
The Supervisory Relations team works closely with other divisions within Regulatory Strategy & Policy, and with executive management, business lines, and control functions (including Compliance, Finance, Risk and Legal). The team also coordinates as necessary with teams at Bank of the West.
BNPP is seeking a proactive and resourceful Regulatory Examinations & Inquiries Specialist to join the Supervisory Relations team. This role is responsible for supporting the management of regulatory examinations, inquiries and continuous monitoring for capital markets regulators. Essential duties and responsibilities include:
- Assist in maintaining a centralized repository of regulatory inquiries, responses, and supporting documents in an organized manner.
- Serve as the alternate point person internally (with senior management) and externally (with the regulators) on regulatory matters (regulatory meetings, requests and exams)
- Understand the internal and regulatory context of incoming and outgoing requests (exam or inquiry) to adequately support the clear communication between BNPP and regulators.
- Notify senior management and other relevant firm personnel of upcoming examinations/inquiries/continuous monitoring meetings and advise on scope/agenda and expectations.
- Notify the respective compliance advisors of significant inquiries that pertain to their area.
- Work with various departments that could assist in providing applicable documents or information as requested by the regulator.
- Work closely with regulators during the life of the inquiry.
- Escalates potential issues and exception items noted during the regulatory exam/inquiry handling process to SRG manager for discussion and further investigation if deemed necessary.
- Assist in compiling data for weekly regulatory exam/inquiry reports.
- Assist with special projects as deemed necessary by management.
- Review and assure clarity of documents/information being requested. Discuss with examiners any requests that are unclear or lack context.
- Facilitate the collection of, tracking of, and perform quality control over all documents submitted to exam staff before, during, and after on-site review and/or continuous monitoring meetings.
- Communicate key messages and potential findings internally to assist management in preparing for close out meetings and formal BNPP close out response letters.
- Schedule and attend meetings with Regulators and firm employees to ensure all regulatory needs are addressed in a timely, clear and efficient manner
- Coordinate with relevant parties within the firm to respond to findings/close-out letters. Resolve and/or follow up with relevant parties regarding the resolution of findings resulting from regulatory examinations with a view to improve future examination results.
- Track and input regulatory findings into the Firm’s audit tracking systems. Follow up with relevant personnel on action items required to address any findings, tracking progress until completion.
Minimum Required Qualifications
- BA or BS a must.
- 1 – 3 years of relevant industry experience, preferably in a business function, control function or regulatory relations role.
- Excellent communication skills, including oral and written.
- Attention to detail and strong analytical skills.
- Project management skills, with the ability to work on multiple tasks with competing priorities at once and successfully managing all to completion.
- A high level of detail orientation and organization.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of rules, regulations and guidance for both banking and capital markets
FINRA Registrations Required:
BNP Paribas is committed to providing a work environment that fosters diversity, inclusion, and equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, age, creed, sex, religion, national origin, disability (physical or mental), marital status, citizenship, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, or any other legally protected status.