The position is within the Performance Management Pole in the Regional North America platform located in Montreal, under the supervision of the Manager of Performance Management.
MISSION AND OBJECTIVES
• The main mission is to support the Customer Services Teams (CST) of our affiliate partner in their day to day activities, meaning:
• Production of assigned categories of reports – including Financial Reports, Key Process Indicator (KPI) reporting, and Corporate reporting on a regular basis.
• Support and provide explanation on financials.
• Participate in regular Budget & Forecast activities
• Continuous monitoring of Financial reporting environment to identify and assess changes
• Provide an ad-hoc analysis or project support when needed.
Major responsibilities :
• Perform financial reporting and operations support tasks to CST of our affiliate partner and learn about the business specificities.
• Collect, organize and update financial and non-financial information. Ensure that all controls are in place, figures are reconciled and consistent between them.
• Develop, produce, and maintain of our models/tools in order to optimise the process within a time constraint.
• Prepare, autonomously, the monthly reporting for CST and perform validation checks:
- In line with relevant and applicable instructions and requirements.
- Within the deadlines agreed and accepted with CST of our affiliate partner.
• Perform accuracy validation checks / High-level reviews on reports published on periodic (e.g. monthly, quarterly, etc.) basis, challenge figures and descriptions of variance, ensuring completeness, consistency and accuracy of the information reported.
• Maintain reporting templates, respective of chart of account changes and other updated requirements.
• Be proactive for the budget and forecast preparation by performing environmental system readiness checks, assisting in model development, preparation of budget transfer instructions, and upload of information into the group toolset (Hyperion, OBIEE).
• Develop understanding of and keep current on :
- Business evolution and/or products that could influence our reporting.
- Performance management (Hyperion, OBIEE) or other tools.
- Norms or requirement that could influence our reporting.
• Help ensure the control and integrity of data populating the tools and reporting.
• Maintain and develop the procedure related to performance management reporting.
Operational projects, systems support, process improvements:
• Participate in the upgrades/version releases of respective reporting tools, as well as system amendments/enhancements required to facilitate new/modified reporting requirements. In connection with this effort, assist in user acceptance testing and after care post deployment.
• Assist in identifying operational process improvements in production, control procedures, and workflow organization to increase the team’s efficiency and effectiveness. Also assist in integrating and streamlining the reports under the team’s responsibility.
• Observe the bank and the affiliate partner’s policies and procedures.
• Provide reporting coverage by:
- Learning the reports, tasks and requirements of the person they are backing up.
- Training a ‘back-up’ on the preparation of the reports and tasks under his/her responsibility.
• Assist in any special project or request as directed by management.
TRAINING AND OCCUPATIONAL EXPERIENCE
• Degree in Performance Management, Finance or Economics from a reputable university
• Minimum 2 to 5 years of Performance Management, preferably within Financial Services Industries.
ESSENTIAL SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS
• Knowledge of retail & commercial banking financial products
• Excellent Excel skills (including pivot tables, macros and most common Excel functions),
• Fluency in MS PowerPoint and ability to present data in an organized visual manner to promote understanding
• Autonomous and capability to work in a diverse team in a context of strict deadline and in an international environment.
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS
• Effective analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Commitment, rigorous in job performance and flexible in order to commit to deadlines set within an international environment.
• Self-starter and team player, able to work independently and collaboratively with various teams in a deadline-focused environment.
• Ability to deal with changes, ambiguity, and uncertainty.
• Able to manage multiple projects, and effectively prioritize workload when dealing with multiple deadlines.
• Passion and ability to optimise the process.
A recruitment policy that promotes equity and diversity:
Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
We pride ourselves in applying non-discrimination rules to all our recruitments.
We will only contact the candidates selected who meet the job requirements in terms of training and experience.
About BNP Paribas
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 73 countries, with more than 195,000 employees, including more than 148,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance. In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the leader in consumer lending. BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail-banking model in Mediterranean countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
About BNP Paribas in Canada
In Canada, BNP Paribas is one of the dominant foreign banks in the country and is committed to building its platform even further. Since becoming the operational hub for the Group’s activities in North America in 2013, it has grown significantly to reach more than 700 employees and is expected to continue growing in the coming years. With the continued development of technology and financial fields, BNP Paribas Canada continues to attract experts with diverse backgrounds as well as young and ambitious talent from across the globe. With the international mobility and capacity that very few companies can offer, BNP Paribas prides itself in providing a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow.