Analyst – Listed Derivatives Client Onboarding and Implementation
BNP Paribas is present in Portugal since 1985, having been one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, BNP Paribas has several entities operating directly in this territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
Worldwide, the Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporate and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance.
BP2S and BNP Paribas Securities Corporation are Global Clearing Members on more than twenty Clearing Houses. This activity is managed in DEC (Derivatives Execution and Clearing) business line. As part of its listed derivatives offer, DEC is clearing listed Options and Futures.
As part of DEC business line (Derivatives Execution & Clearing), the account manager has to handle middle office and back office activities on his/her scope.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. To coordinate the onboarding of new customers in Connectivity (DMA and/or CARE) for the Sales and Sales Trading based in Europe/Asia/US and the Flow Sales by:
• Analysing the customer requests via the COF document (Client Opening Form)
• Ensuring that the Compliance Department was informed “Due Diligence” was done and that a CRDS code was communicated to him before proceeding to any opening of new customer
• Examining the feasibility of the setup and the implementation deadline with the involved teams: IT Prod, IT Dev., IT Certification, Compliance/Legal, Trade Support, Due Diligence and Management
• Implementing the contractual documentation:
o Issuing and follow-up of a Give Up Agreement (GUA) via DOCS system or paper version in relation with the Clearers, the Customers and the Sales
o ETA (Electronic Trading Agreement) and follow-up of the workflow agreement with the Management and the Legal for the Connectivity activity
• Liaising with the Referential team for the parameter setting of the clients' accounts: transmission of the set up details and the necessary information
• Following-up the client certification and the validation in the test environment of the requested setup with the Vendors (Bloomberg, Reuters, Trading Screen…) and the IT Dev team
• Maintaining of the mailing lists for the connected customers
• Planning with the IT and Trading Desk teams, the starting in production of the customers to be connected: transmission of technical and operational information
• Sending the “Go Live” to the customers and to ensure the post trade follow-up
2. To coordinate any evolution of the existing setup of the customers (tariffs modifications, new accounts and new markets…)
3. To organize the internal workflow of the projects in progress of implementation
4. To update the file of the customers’ follow-up after each new client onboarding
5. To take part in the levelling of contractual documentation when regulatory evolutions require it
Listed Derivatives Referential Management:
1. To create and update the data of the Derivatives customers and in particular by:
• Setting of the contractual tariff conditions
• Setting of other data on the clients' accounts as part of the reporting (Salesman responsible of the client’s account, profit centre…)
• Setting of the standard clearing information communicated by the customers
• Setting of the terms of the legal confirmation in accordance with the clients’ requests
2. To proceed with the creations and updates of the data of the referential such as:
• Clearing information (Clearer name, clearing reference)
• Confirmation templates
• Sales responsible of the client’s account, profit centre
3. To organize and centralize the operational documentation of the customers’ files
4. To be the privileged interlocutor of the Salesmen, the Traders, and LD Trade Support for any question concerning the set-up of the customers
5. To contribute to the collection of information and the terms for the confirmations
6. To Follow-up of the set-up of the Derivatives accounts
- Bachelor’s degree
- Fluent in English
- Strong attention to detail
- Good written and oral skills
- Proactive, motivated and willing to absorb new concepts
- Ability to adapt and respond to changing work situations and environments
- Strong team player
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and work well under pressure
- Self-starter with ability to work effectively with minimum supervision
- Responsiveness, accountability and adaptability
- Good Microsoft skills: Excel
Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.