Analyst - Equity Derivatives Sales Assistant
About BNP Paribas Corporate and Institutional Banking
- Generate or draft term sheets and book Equity Derivative Flow or Exotic in Fish or Winsales for “Deal Dones”, and send Trade Recaps to the client for each trade done. If the trade is to be confirmed via Swaspwire, generating or drafting a swapswire confirmation, and sending to corresponding trader to book the trades.
- Liaise with our middle office to resolve trade breaks or settlement issues that arise from trading activity.
- Pick up the client wires if the coverage marketer is on the phone
- Manage marketers CC or client contribution in Apollo. Make sure the right Client Contribution amounts have been credited to the marketer within the booking systems, i.e, Winsales or Fish. If not, manage the CC amount directly within Apollo.
- Request Initial Margin for required OTC trades for Hedge Fund clients and negotiate lower amounts when necessary.
- Check trading lines within Risk Navigator, ISDA/CSA coverage within Beagle, Dodd-Frank compliance within GUARD, and trading flags before trading.
- Sending end of day CC/Commission recaps to trading.
- Sending end of the CC/Commission Equity Derivative Daily Recap firm wide. Generating weekly HFAM recap of activity.
- Pricing and sending daily/weekly/monthly Volatility Surfaces/Indications to Insurance Clients
- Pricing and sending Monthly Indications to Hedge Fund Clients.
- Act as a possible backup for Structure Equity Desk.
- In addition to handling overflow on the phone, provide live markets on OTC or listed trades in Bloomberg
- Back-up sales coverage on specific clients for marketers that are on block leave or out of the office.
- Provide sales/trading coverage on small-sized listed trades “Cross-hub” London trades. This includes calling brokers to make a market or provide executions on Market or Limit Orders.
- Handle any Novations that may require assistance. Pricing unwind/novation fees, generating term sheets, and liaising with internal Middle Office and confirmations teams. Additionally, handling the corresponding swapswire novation confirmation if trade was originally confirmed
- Two years’ experience in Global Markets Equity Derivatives
- Client Focus and excellent communication skills
- Good analytical skills
- Ability to manage priorities
- Good knowledge of Equity Derivatives products and systems
- Pro-activity to provide ideas to improve the current processes/workflows
- Minimum one year experience in Global Markets Equity Derivatives
- Ability to multitask and support different desks
- Previous experience in Global Markets Equity Derivatives Front Office/Operations environment
BNP Paribas is committed to providing a work environment that fosters diversity, inclusion, and equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, age, creed, sex, religion, national origin, disability (physical or mental), marital status, citizenship, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, or any other legally protected status.