Analyst – Equities Trade Support Specialist
About BNP Paribas:
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 72 countries, with more than 202,600 employees, of which almost 155,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realize their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance.
In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the European leader in consumer lending.
BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail-banking model in Mediterranean countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
BNP Paribas, one of the major banks in Europe with a strong presence throughout the world, is a leader in Global Equities & Commodity Derivatives. As part of this activity, the Middle-Office is an important component, with teams established in the major financial places (New-York, London, Tokyo, Hong-Kong and Paris). The main missions of these teams are:
- The management of operations in the booking systems.
- The follow-up of client billing and reporting.
- The reconciliation of positions between FO and booking systems.
- The calculation, explanation and analysis of the daily profits and losses including reconciliation with Financial accounting results.
- The management of the referential data.
- The management of relationships with BO and Custodians.
- The management of Corporate Action events and advice to FO teams.
These missions are accomplished through a close relationship with Back-Offices, Traders, Sales, IT and Business Analysts. In this context, the GECD Trade Support is a key component of New York GECD Middle Office, They cover all the activities and products of the Global Equity business in North America, which includes Equity and Commodity Derivatives, both Flow and Exotics, whether in Proprietary Trading, Agency or Prime Brokerage roles.
Work across teams in the firm to ensure customer service needs are met.
Liaise with Sales, Trading, Settlements and IT regarding any customer or FO requests
Diligently follow up on failed trades with appropriate parties.
Look to improve the process to enhance the customer’s experience.
Monitoring of Operational Risk:
- Providing proper FO Support for equity post trade and client service
Operational risk and risk of fraud set at a minimum by having in place consistent and adequate controls
Orus: signoff completed daily with full disclosure of detailed reports checked, issues faced and risk accurately assessed.
Improve existing processes with overall STP flow and ensure highest quality of booking
Issues identified and timely escalated to his/her direct management, FO management and Permanent Control team.
Guarantee accurate trading positions in FO systems
Comparing positions between FO, MO and BO.
Daily goal is to correct all discrepancies originated by system bugs, input mistakes, information loss
To ensure/guarantee the payoff in the Front-Office systems
To ensure all the reconciliation are performed in timely manner and all breaks are resolved
To promote an efficient dialog/discussion between the Front office and the Back-Office:
The MO must promote an efficient dialog/discussion between the Front-Office and the Back-Office by knowing how to manage priorities with aim to escalate relevant/pertinent information.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
2 – 5 years Capital Markets Experience
2 – 3 years Client Service Experience
- BS – Economics, Finance, Accounting or other related field of study.
- Pro/Re – Active to client demands
- At least 2 years of relevant financial industry experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Knowledge of various financial markets.
- Strong sense of risk and critical thinking.
- Maintains high quality of customer service when communicating with clients.
- Display good relationship qualities, team spirit, and ability to work cross-functionally.
- Proactive and displays willingness to take initiative.
- Ability to effectively listen and communicate.
- Maintains acceptable response to stress.
- Rigorous and well organized
BNP Paribas is committed to providing a work environment that fosters diversity, inclusion, and equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, age, creed, sex, religion, national origin, disability (physical or mental), marital status, citizenship, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, or any other legally protected status.