Manager Credit Middle Office Deal Team
MISSION AND OBJECTIVES
ITO Credit Middle Office is a support team that services CIB Americas NAR Corporate Platform by blending a strong business focus while being driven by industry and operational expertise, efficiency, and control. ITO Middle Office manages the credit financing transactions with the objective of leveraging standardized and improved processes and tools to streamline tasks for improved data quality and governance.
The ITO Credit Middle Office is primarily responsible for ensuring accurate and timely data capture, processing and administration of new and amended financing transactions, as well as ensuring compliance, regulatory, and operational controls are in place and adhered to, in an effort to mitigate potential risk to both our clients and BNPP.
• Liaise with front officers for timely receipt of new and amended documentation (FC1-ODJ, Credit Approval, Métier Support Memo, Financing Agreements, etc…) for the creation of counterparty financings in the Bank’s systems
• Communicate and coordinate with various internal stakeholders, agents, lenders, and clients, as needed.
• Extract pertinent data from the financing documentation (i.e., Credit and other Agreements/Contracts) as well as internal credit approval for input into the bank’s tracking systems/spreadsheets for continued end-to-end deal monitoring.
• Ensure the terms of the financing are in accordance with conditions stipulated by internal credit committee(s).
• Extract names and addresses from financing documents; i.e. Key Stakeholders & Other Parties, and input into the Bank’s compliance tracking system used to perform screenings, per sanction and regulatory guidelines.
• Perform timely pre-onboarding controls (FiSaC checklist, IFRS9, MSCQ).
• Review facility collateral/guarantee and covenant compliance data and subsequent activity to ensure conformity to internal and external support documentation as well as update applicable systems/spreadsheets/document repository.
• Confirm line availability by providing authorization on utilizations (loans/LC’s), ensuring no breach of limits.
• Monitor and action upcoming event dates, as well as provide follow-up on past due items.
• Monitor exception reports and resolve inconsistencies with respective parties.
• Escalate potential problems or seek clarification as appropriate.
• Production of closing and associated funding notices to borrowers and lenders.
• Creation of wire transfer payments associated with the closings, per documentation.
• Perform ad-hoc tasks/projects as directed by management.
TRAINING AND OCCUPATIONAL EXPERIENCE
• BS – Economics, Finance or other related field of study
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Analytical and detail oriented
• Ability to work independently and prioritize multiple tasks, work under time pressure constraints and to take ownership for the completion of tasks.
• Ability to exercise good judgment in dealing with unforeseen circumstances while maintaining compliance with established policies and controls.
• Experience in middle office and/or operations environment preferable
A recruitment policy that promotes equity and diversity:
Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
We pride ourselves in applying non-discrimination rules to all our recruitments.
We will only contact the candidates selected who meet the job requirements in terms of training and experience.
About BNP Paribas
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 73 countries, with more than 195,000 employees, including more than 148,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance. In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the leader in consumer lending. BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail-banking model in Mediterranean countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
About BNP Paribas in Canada
In Canada, BNP Paribas is one of the dominant foreign banks in the country and is committed to building its platform even further. Since becoming the operational hub for the Group’s activities in North America in 2013, it has grown significantly to reach more than 700 employees and is expected to continue growing in the coming years. With the continued development of technology and financial fields, BNP Paribas Canada continues to attract experts with diverse backgrounds as well as young and ambitious talent from across the globe. With the international mobility and capacity that very few companies can offer, BNP Paribas prides itself in providing a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow.