Data Quality Measurements lead
MISSION AND OBJECTIVES
In accordance with the Dodd-Frank Act, BNP Paribas is required to establish an Intermediate Holding Company (“IHC”) over its US subsidiaries. The IHC will be subject to risk-based capital and leverage standards, regulatory reporting, enhanced governance requirements, liquidity risk management, and other requirements.
The BNP Paribas IHC Program has been established with the following five core work streams:
• Legal Entity Structure & Tax: legal setup of the IHC
• Risk Governance, Reporting and Single Counterparty Credit Limits: establish the governance, process and technology platforms for producing the enhanced risk reporting.
• CCAR: establish the governance, process and technology platforms for producing the annual IHC capital plan, performing and reporting on capital stress tests and complying with monthly and quarterly regulatory reporting
• Funding & Liquidity Management: establish the governance, process and technology platforms for producing cash flow projections, performing and reporting liquidity stress testing and managing liquidity buffers
• Financial / Regulatory Reporting: establish the governance, process and technology platforms for producing IHC financial and management reporting, including the implementation of US GAAP basis statutory regulatory and consolidation processes for financial reporting
In addition a number of supporting transversal workstreams are instrumental to the delivery of the program: Information Technology, Enterprise Data Management, Human Resources and the Regulatory Analysis workstreams.
Data Quality & Remediations team is part of the overall Enterprise Data Management which looks to satisfy the requirements related to ensuring that data used for reporting is of high quality aligned with Basel principles for effective risk data aggregation and risk reporting, and is intended to support evolving regulatory requirements referring to data quality.
This role will report to Data Quality Measurements lead and will have a direct impact on how BNP Paribas enhances its quality framework ensuring it deploys most effectively its resources to detect data quality issues across reporting requirements.
Data Quality team is structured into 4 pillars i.e. Data Quality Measurements, Issue Management Remediation, Data Quality Analysis & Solutions and Process Efficiency & Analytics. This role will support the Data quality measurement activities covering both CIB as well as IHC perimeter
• Perform Data quality coverage analysis with respect to data elements identified for regulatory reporting as well as key business reporting.
• Manage the DQ rule process (& inventory) for new/existing DQ checks, Change controls of existing DQ checks from definition to deployment
• Perform data quality profiling, Data Quality (“DQ”) rule prototyping, User Acceptance Testing of DQ rules, investigation and root cause analysis
• Perform data quality assessment regularly using SQL, excel to investigate the breaks in data quality; Do an initial triage, work with Data Stewards to confirm the issues and log the issues in Issue Management log
• Monitor the execution and results of Data quality rules on a regular basis to identify any spikes or changes in data quality
• Contribute to the requirements for data quality metrics, dashboards and co-ordinate with IT in development, performing and validating UAT’s as appropriate.
• Follow the Data Quality measurement framework, processes, policies and procedures
• Coordinate with offshore team on data profiling, data quality rules, key quality indicators and data quality dashboards.
• Follow appropriate change control and configuration management procedures
TRAINING AND OCCUPATIONAL EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor degree required
• 2- 4 years’ experience in Business Analysis in a financial institution
• Preferable to have 1-2 years’ experience in managing Data Quality within a Bank / Financial institution
• Knowledge of financial industry and related products
• Be a self-directed individual with the ability to work autonomously
• Preferable to have experience in one or many of these data quality tools and reporting tools/applications; Informatica, Collibra, OBIEE, Tableau, OFSAA etc.
• Proficient in MS Office applications; MS Project, MS Visio, MS Power Point, MS Excel
• Ability to work under pressure, manage variable workload and creatively address various topics
• Develops open, considerate, effective and productive working relationships with customers, external contacts and individuals within CIB/IS perimeter
• Draws information from the market and applies broad knowledge base to make timely and logical decision that provides practical solutions for customers and others.
• Not Applicable
A recruitment policy that promotes equity and diversity:
Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
We pride ourselves in applying non-discrimination rules to all our recruitments.
We will only contact the candidates selected who meet the job requirements in terms of training and experience.
About BNP Paribas
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 73 countries, with more than 195,000 employees, including more than 148,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance. In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the leader in consumer lending. BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail-banking model in Mediterranean countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
About BNP Paribas in Canada
In Canada, BNP Paribas is one of the dominant foreign banks in the country and is committed to building its platform even further. Since becoming the operational hub for the Group’s activities in North America in 2013, it has grown significantly to reach more than 700 employees and is expected to continue growing in the coming years. With the continued development of technology and financial fields, BNP Paribas Canada continues to attract experts with diverse backgrounds as well as young and ambitious talent from across the globe. With the international mobility and capacity that very few companies can offer, BNP Paribas prides itself in providing a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow.