Analyst - Corporate Governance Analyst
Corporate Governance supports BNPP’s IHC senior management and Wholesale operations in the U.S. BNPP desires to be “best in class” in terms of corporate governance, both to ensure sound decision-making and risk management and to meet rising regulatory expectations. The objective of the Corporate Governance division is to support IHC management and BNPP’s wholesale operations (including the Regional and broker/dealer boards) in achieving these goals.
The Corporate Governance team works closely with IHC and wholesale executive management, business lines and control functions (including Compliance, Risk, Finance and Legal). It also liaises as necessary with the Office of the Corporate Secretary for the IHC.
This position within Corporate Governance will be an Analyst, reporting to a Director/Team Leader. Together they will:
· Support the BNP Paribas US Wholesale Holdings, Corp. Board of Directors, including, preparation and distribution of materials, tracking of escalation points, “effective challenge” and follow-up items, and managing logistics;
· Support to the broker/dealer board, including preparation and distribution of materials, tracking escalation points, “effective challenge” and follow-up items; and managing logistics;
· Support Head of Governance and Team Leader in support of select IHC CUSO Senior Management Committees, including distribution of materials, and logistics;
- Maintain key corporate documents and records and maintain a Corporate Governance SharePoint site, an up-to-date central repository related to the IHC CUSO and Wholesale operations
- Create extensive and robust presentations and reports for senior management meetings
- Contribute to various governance advisory and strategic projects and ad-hoc assignments including regulatory response preparation on governance matters
- Perform various administrative functions as needed
Minimum Required Qualifications:
The ideal candidate for this position within Corporate Governance will be a person who:
- Combines an understanding of the corporate environment of a financial institution, and possesses at least 2 - 3 years of industry experience.
- Must have excellent organizational ability, strong communications and interpersonal skills, and should have an acute attention to detail.
- Possess the ability to work in a fast paced environment, use conceptual thinking to resolve problems and leverage internal and external resources to achieve goals.
- Possess advanced PowerPoint and SharePoint skills - responsiveness, tact and judgment, and good writing skills are a must.
The Bank also is looking for a candidate that will enjoy being part of a growing division in a bank that is positioning itself for the future.
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited university
- Flexibility and an ability to adapt to change
- Ability to positively manage stressful situations
- A collaborative working style that promotes inclusiveness, trust and teamwork.
FINRA Registrations Required:
- Not Applicable