MISSION AND OBJECTIVES
Provide direct contribution to BNPP’s Global citizenship and inclusion by working closely with all functional groups such as loan servicing, ALM Treasury Front offices, Back offices, Finance in Canada, PnL, regulatory reporting, audit and compliance teams to ensure proper governance. The Individual will join a “split team” organization with team members located in both Montreal and New York City, under a functional management located in New York.
ALM Treasury MO Trade Support works closely with the business to resolve operational and booking issues, and is the intermediary between Front Office and Back Office and Finance.
ALM Treasury MO Trade Support performs daily control reports that will ensure all trades are booked correctly.
Detailed specific responsibilities include:
• Provide trade support to Front Office ﴾trading and sales﴿ and financePerform booking responsibilities
• Assist in trade booking, amends and cancels after T ﴾Trade date﴿ in Kondor
• Perform daily trade support tasks and controls to help reduce overall operational risk
• Produce, run and check various daily reports and tasks, some of which include: gap analysis, loan check for US and Canada, FVH ﴾Fair Value Hedge﴿ review, daily rate uploads and checks, MMK ﴾Money Market﴿ file input and review, liquidity report and fed close balance check to send to regulations, check funding deals for US and Canada, monitor amend and cancel, IBF ﴾International Banking Facility﴿ and dummy trade booking
• Perform monthly trade support controls, run and review monthly reports such as CFH ﴾Cash Flow Hedge﴿ report, Margin Individual and Margin Group report, FX sell down check, MTN Position check, SALM ﴾Structured ALM﴿ doubtful loans check, print the various reports for the Head of NA ALMT NY when all month end processes are completed
• Production of the Daily Gapping report. Research any differences between the Gap and Balance Sheet report.
TRAINING AND OCCUPATIONAL EXPERIENCE
• Previous experience (4 yrs+) in an Operations environment
• Basic Microsoft Office skills (Excel in particular)
• Ability to consistently meet deadlines
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment
ESSENTIAL SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS
• Attention to detail and accuracy is imperative
• Maximize efficiency, do more with less, continuous improvement is essential
• Focus on the needs of the business, the end client, not just Front offices
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Respect and value overall team standards and expectations
• Strong team player
• Bilingual - French and English
A recruitment policy that promotes equity and diversity:
Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
We pride ourselves in applying non-discrimination rules to all our recruitments.
We will only contact the candidates selected who meet the job requirements in terms of training and experience.
About BNP Paribas
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 73 countries, with more than 195,000 employees, including more than 148,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance. In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the leader in consumer lending. BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail-banking model in Mediterranean countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
About BNP Paribas in Canada
In Canada, BNP Paribas is one of the dominant foreign banks in the country and is committed to building its platform even further. Since becoming the operational hub for the Group’s activities in North America in 2013, it has grown significantly to reach more than 700 employees and is expected to continue growing in the coming years. With the continued development of technology and financial fields, BNP Paribas Canada continues to attract experts with diverse backgrounds as well as young and ambitious talent from across the globe. With the international mobility and capacity that very few companies can offer, BNP Paribas prides itself in providing a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow.