At BNP Paribas Canada, it is our employees, which make the difference... Our 75 nationalities are part of our diversity!
Do you like challenges, a structured framework, the prospect of optimizing and innovating? You are known for your originality and want a certain freedom to think while sharing your knowledge and ideas?
... Come help us contribute to the growth of our Canadian platform!
You will benefit amongst other things from:
- Access to social volunteer and recreational programs, via our many Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
- Opportunities for career development through active internal mobility and our innovative training program: Canada Academy
- A brand new workspace, flexible, comfortable and easily adaptable to your needs: remote work opportunities, standing desks, innovation lab., open meeting rooms and spaces
About the Department
The Brazil Subject Matter Stream (SMS) accounting team is a part of the Financial Accounting and Reporting Group. The main tasks of the team is to maintain the ledgers in IFRS, performing controls related to the end of Month/Quarter period, perform the Head Office Reporting (IFRS) and Management accounting reporting to the Group for all the Brazilian entities under OFS (General ledger) and maintain a proper control environment. Beyond that, the SMS team actively participate in the implementation of new accounting standards and projects with accounting impacts, and improve processes and create efficiencies to increase the benefit of Corporate & Institutional Banking in the Region.
The Analyst Brazil Subject Matter Stream (SMS) is responsible for the day-to-day maintenance and control of the general ledgers for the Brazilian entities. When applicable, she/he coordinates investigations, review of ledgers and potential accounting adjustments with the operations and reporting teams that they support. The scope of this role includes the recording of revenue and expense arising from transactions from Capital Markets and commercial lending activities on daily, monthly, quarterly, semi-annual, and annual basis, to ensure that the financial records are properly maintained and exceptions are resolved in a timely manner.
The Analyst Brazil Subject Matter Stream (SMS) reports to the AVP/Senior associate – Accounting Analystin Montreal.
• Perform month-end financial closing for the Brazilian entities (under IFRS and Local GAAP), which includes the posting of accounting entries and transactions analysis, the maintenance of analytical balances and analysis to communicate and resolve differences with counterparts;
• Enforce controls and ensure that balance sheets are in balance; prepare balance sheet reconciliations for the accounts assigned to Finance;
• Execute the Cost of Risk provision processes and outputs for IFRS and Local GAAP;
• Ensure the completeness and accuracy of feeds from the operating systems to the general ledger through a review of the reconciliation reports;
• Provide assistance in responding to questions from the external auditors, Client Service Team, Operations, Projects and reporting teams;
• Perform the upload quarterly from Ledger to Head Office Reporting tool assuring that head-office reporting requirements and instructions are covered across the different schedules;
•Coordinate update of static data (tables, parameters, allocations) and user maintenance for the tools/systems under the team’s responsibility;
•Prepare the quarterly GAAP adjustments (conversion to IFRS) in order to make sure reporting figures are well presented in both GAAPs;
•Prepare files support for adjustments related to secutiries and IFRS 16;
•Prepare/ update Mappings between GL and Head Office reporting Tool;
•Participate in the upgrades/version releases of respective reporting tools, as well as system amendments/enhancements required to facilitate new/modified reporting requirements. In connection with this effort, assist in user acceptance testing and trouble-shooting after deployment
•Work with various stakeholders helping to understand and account for the impact of new products, transactions, and businesses on accounts;
•Participate in the testing, and implementation of systems to support the activities;
•Prepare and update policies and procedures related to Finance activities for Mexican entities.
•Escalate problems / issues to the AVP and Manager in a timely manner;
•Provide quality services to other teams / Groups (Which includes interaction with Brazil Finance and Operations).
KEY SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
•Ability to deliver/ be result driven: Be a self-starter and team player, able to work independently and collaboratively with various teams in a deadline-focused environment;
•Strong communication skills, both written and verbal (English (fluent) Portuguese (an asset));
•Ability to develop and leverage networks: Professional posture to develop and maintain key relationships with the business lines and back office transactional contacts;
• Analytical ability: ability to learn new systems and products quickly; effective analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills;
•Accounting: Working knowledge and understanding of generally accepted accounting principles under IFRS and regulatory and tax accounting rules and regulations; Basic capital market products knowledge;
• Accounting degree from a reputable university. CPA designation; ( and asset)
•Between 2 to 5 years of financial accounting experience, preferably from an accounting firm (Big 4 or medium-sized) or within the Financial Services/Banking Industry;
•Excellent Excel skills (including pivot tables, VLOOKUP, SUMIF).
About BNP Paribas in Canada
With more than 900 employees, BNP Paribas Canada continues to attract experts from diverse fields as well as ambitious young talent from around the world. We are proud to offer our employees a rewarding and international workplace where they can build their professional careers by honing their skills, meeting challenges and enriching their knowledge of the financial industry.
A recruitment policy that promotes equality and diversity:
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer. BNP Paribas recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, and other protected status (Employment Equity Act).
Part of BNP Paribas dedication to diversity, multiculturalism and inclusion is clearly reflected on how we believe and live diversity and inclusion all together. As such, one of BNP Paribas’ initiatives is hosting Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) which are focused on equality of gender, sexual orientation and learning from other cultures.
We can assist with access to job offers for people with disabilities who may be unable to use our career site - please contact us by email canada_recrutement [at] ca.bnpparibas (dot) com or by phone on 514-285-6000
Want to know more about the BNP Paribas Group?
** Only selected applications that meet the requirements of the role will be contacted **