Accounting & Reporting Analyst
BNP Paribas is a leading European bank with an international reach. It has a presence in 72 countries, with more than 202,000 Employees – including more than 154,000 in Europe and over 5,000 in Portugal alone.
BNP Paribas is present in Portugal since 1985, having been one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, BNP Paribas has several entities operating directly in this territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
Worldwide, the Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporate and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance.
Within Group Finance Services the ARS/ AFR - Accounting and Financial, the Analyst of Accounting & Reporting is responsible:
- Accounting & Reporting assignments
- Ensure the production of the Financial statements (French GAAP and IFRS standards) for a set of BNP Paribas subsidiaries
- Reporting assignments
- Ensure the production and the reliability of the consolidation and prudential packages, financial analysis and synthesis, contributing to the BNP Paribas Financial and Regulatory statements
- Transversal assignments
- Setup a fluid communication between the main stakeholders through synthesis reports needed making sure of the reliability and the audit trail of the information
- Ensure the data quality and integrity according to Radar principles (BCBS 239)
- Promote and develop the BNP Paribas values
ROLE AND RESPONSABILITIES
- Accounting activities
- Update the accounting based on local and IFRS requirements
- Ensure the accounting controls requested and the permanent audit trail
- Calculate and prepare the tax returns based on the local and Group Fiscal requirements and based on the priorities
- Reporting activities
- Produce the deliverables for the main stakeholders, the synthesis reports and the legal reports based on the local and Group Fiscal requirements
- Contribute to the consolidation of BNP Paribas Group in Matisse process
- Transversal activities
- Ensure the update in regular basis of the procedures of the tasks
- Contribute to continuous process improvements
- Required level of education: Master Degree in Accounting, Finance & Management
- Required level of experience: Minimum 4 years of experience
- English Level B1-B2. Fluency in French is a plus
- Accounting, Tax & Prudential Norms
- Financial and Management Accounting
- Tax calculation and reports
- Rigorous and organised
- Client focus
- Integrating the multicultural dimension
- Ability to report
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and with international locations
Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.