In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 17,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 73 markets with more than 196,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career in an international business environment that is fast-paced, diverse and focuses on creating high-value relationships with our clients. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as a working environment where you’re valued as part of the team.
* excluding partnerships
- Processing/Controlling of Commodity Trade transactions for Offshore clients [China (Shanghai & Beijing)]
and Onshore clients [China (Shanghai & Beijing), Labuan and Vietnam (Hanoi & HoChiMinh City)].
- Customers services for external and internal clients within Singapore, Labuan and Vietnam.
1. Customers Services
- Contact customer to clarify unclear instructions, to discuss details of transactions or to follow up on documentation.
- Contact / co-ordinate with TSO of the Middle office for the Approval Process documentation ( i.e. Credit Utilization / Leeway / Offering Ticket ).
- Contact / co-ordinate with TSO for Cash / Funds Movements and Collaterized deposits.
2. Processing of Commodity Trade Transactions and Collaterals
Documentary Credits Operations
- Issuing and amending of documentary credits under the instructions of our clients.
- Advising of documentary credits issued and/or amended by the Issuing Bank in favour of our clients.
- Confirming of documentary credits on Open or Silent basis.
- Transfer of documentary credits on Partial or Total basis.
- Processing of assignment of proceeds to 3rd party.
Standby Credits Operations
- Issuing and amending of standby credits under the instructions of our clients.
- Advising of standby credits issued and/or amended by the Issuing Bank in favour of our clients.
- Issuing and amending of Guarantees under the instructions of our clients for bid/ performance/ general guarantee
- Issuing and amending of Counter-Guarantees under the instructions of our clients.
- Processing of intergroup guarantees (included Accreditif).
- Issuing Guarantee for purchase of risk taken on open account buyers.
- Advising of Guarantees issued and/or amended by the Issuing Bank in favour of our clients.
- Prepare Covering Schedule to enclose documents to clients for Import Commodity trades.
- Deliver documents against payment or acceptance.
- Tracing for payment and/or acceptance.
- Protesting for non-payment and/or non-acceptance.
- Prepare Covering Schedule to enclose documents for dispatch to Collecting Banks / Drawees for Export Commodity trades.
- Tracing for payment and/or acceptance.
- Advising of Protesting for non-payment and/or non-acceptance to clients.
Shipping Guarantee & Letter of Indemnity
- Issue Shipping Guarantee (SG) against clients’ indemnity for discharge of cargo by sea or air transportation or for change of destination.
- Counter-signed Letter of Indemnity (LOI) for payment pursuant to oil trade.
- Tracing for surrendering of Bills of Lading and/or documents for redemption of SG/ LOI.
- Processing redemption of SG/ LOI.
- Processing settlement of commission and fees.
Collateral Transactions Operations
- Input relevant collateral transaction types in iVision under
(a) Documents in transit / register.
(b) Purchase Confirmation Order/ Payment Undertaking and Open Account Sales.
(c) LOI Received.
(d) Assignment of Proceeds given to BNPP.
(e) Insurance Guarantee Received.
(f ) Warehousing of goods.
(g) Guarantee Received (included Cover).
- Follow up on transaction/operation closely and update collateral position where appropriate to avoid double accounting.
3. Processing of Documents Examination under documentary credit (included claims under standby or guarantee)
- Examination of documents or claims to determine compliant presentation.
- Prepare Covering Schedule to enclose documents for dispatch to clients and banks.
- Collation of documents for structured transactions pursuant to Import and Export trades.
- Notify clients / banks of compliant / discrepant presentation.
- Applying best practices for discrepant presentation.
- Processing of despatch for documents to banks.
- Processing of claims sent to Issuing Banks for payment/ reimbursement.
4. Processing of Loan financing
- Contact Treasury Operations for quoted Interest Rates.
- Report Interest Rates to Treasury Operations for funded loans.
- Disburse loan proceeds by Funds Transfer as per clients’ instructions.
- Prepare booking of the funded loans.
- Prepare extension of funded loans.
- Prepare pre-payment ( partial or full ) and/or settlement at maturity.
- Advise Due Date of funded loans to clients.
5. Processing of Settlements
- Contact Paying bank on reimbursement / payment confirmation.
- Contact Receiving bank of reimbursement / payment confirmation.
- Report Currency Movements to FX Treasury Operations.
- Report Funds Movements to Treasury Operations.
- Contact FX Treasury Operations for quoted FX Rates.
- Prepare settlement of Bills and / or Claims under L/C, Standby, Guarantees & etc.
- Prepare settlement of Banking Charges.
- Prepare SWIFT payment messages via SWIFT ALLIANCE, if necessary.
6. Data entry processing for iVision/ S.A.A. /ATLAS II systems
- Processing data entry in iVision for Commodity Trade transaction / collateral files to generate Liabilities/ Memo entries for Finance and Business accounting.
- Processing of Commission, fees, interest and penalty fees.
- Processing of Commission under Provision / Retrocession.
- Processing of MEPs messages in S.A.A. and in case of need, SWIFT messages outside iVision system.
- Input Batch Accounting entries in ATLAS II system when necessary.
7. Processing of Filenet Scanning and Workflow
- Prepare documents and mandates for scanning.
- Create front sheets in Filenet Web application.
- Scanning the documents / mandates and to index the relevant fields.
- Process the workflow by routing the job from queue 10 to queue 20 for approval.
- Add scanned documents in Documents Management, if relevant.
8. Filing & archiving of transactions files
- Filing of live and historical records in CFOC.
- Filing security documents in the fire-proof safe.
- Perform packing of historical records in carton boxes and for sending to warehouse for archiving.
- Prepare inventory list of all historical records sent to warehouse for archiving.
9. Perform miscellaneous tasks
- Prepare advices and/or documents for dispatch by Local Mail or via Courier Service.
- Photostating of documents presented under L/Cs, Standby L/Cs, Guarantees for retention purpose.
- Perform Compliance checks for the transactions and obtain clearance from Compliance Dept. if required.
11. Special notation
Besides the main responsibility outlined above, the Officer is also responsible for the following tasks:
- Perform cover duties when colleagues are on annual / medical leave or business leave.
- Provide assistance and help to clear workload of colleagues when needed.
- Perform 2nd level examination of documents when the 1st level has been performed by other staff.
- Assisting in the training of new staff on iVision System, ATLAS II/AOS (batch input), and SWIFT ALLIANCE system for swift transmissions.
- Assist in documents checking for other teams when required.
- Assume role of controller when required.
- Contribute to the Permanent Control framework.
- Ensure compliance of all applicable legal, regulatory and internal requirements.
- Follow up on transaction / operation closely where appropriate to avoid operational risks.
Technical and Behavioral Competencies required
Well versed in :
- Relevant ICC publications e.g. UCP/ISP/ISBP/URDG/URC etc.
- Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
Experience and Qualifications required
- Trade related experience.