AML\\SAM Sr. Technical Analyst
At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Responsible for building and delivery of AML\\SAM related data Systems, design and development requirements after working directly with internal clients to understand the business needs for complex to highly complex projects requirements. Coordinates and performs the system and data analysis required to identify required system impacts, data elements, and create source-to-target mappings (including business logic) for data transformations. Acts as a validator of development and provides signoff on functionality that has been developed. Supports and contributes to the entire project lifecycle, including providing consulting for and coordinating UAT. Provides consulting to junior analysts.
Essential Job Functions
1. Leads creation of AML\\SAM requirements documents.
2. Independently work with business partners and IT to ensure that all technical requirements are addressed
3. Ensures traceability by (1) checking the linkage of technical design to requirements, and (2) SIT test cases to requirements.
4. Provides consulting to (1) system testing process, (2) implementation plan creation, and (3) conceptual approaches or architectures.
5. Lead the resolution of issues discovered in user acceptance testing.
6. Develop Strategy and architecture for Data Governance and Data Quality needs. Execute strategy for Business Data Governance groups that align with organization`s business strategy and goals.
7. Collaborate with business owners to defines and establish data quality rules and definitions consistent with department and organizations strategies.
8. Develops data quality metrics/ standards that identify gaps and ensure compliance with standards across the enterprise.
9. Establish data quality process, governance and issue tracking process tools.
10. Work with business and IT partners to remediate and identify gaps using both manual and automated solutions.
11. Establish processes to continuously monitor data quality. Ensure processes are in place to proactively detect, correct and prevent invalid data values.
12. Provide leadership by exhibiting influence and expertise, thus affecting the results of the operating area.
Minimum 10 years of IT experience with 5 years’ experience in PL\\SQL.
- Should have expertise in Business Intelligence, Data analysis, Data warehouse and Technical analysis.
- Minimum 5 years in Data model designing skills
- Understanding of banking domain related to Transaction AML\\SAM monitoring and understanding of Deposit systems, Loan, Card, Trading systems data for transaction monitoring
- Good understanding of operational and historical reporting for driving efficiencies & achieving relevant insights
- Expertise in ACH, Wires , Cash ,check , Zelle, Wall Street, Pershing, Info lease data streams.
- Expertise in Actimize Enterprise Risk case manager, DARTs Functionality, Alerts and Cases triaging, SAR process and Workflows.
- Bachelor's Degree
“While Bank of the West considers all applicants, we will not sponsor candidates for work visas at this time.”
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.