About BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas is a top-ranking bank in Europe with an international profile. It operates in 71 countries and has almost 199 000 employees. The Group ranks highly in its three core areas of activity: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail banking networks and financial services are grouped together under Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, centred on corporate and institutional clients. The Group helps all of its clients (retail, associations, businesses, SMEs, large corporates and institutional) to implement their projects by providing them with services in financing, investment, savings and protection. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas enjoys leading positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas and has a solid and fast-growing network in the Asia/Pacific region.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas SA, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Bengaluru, Chennai and Mumbai, we are a 24x7 global delivery center. India Solutions services three business lines: Corporate and Institutional Banking, Investment Solutions and Retail Banking for BNP Paribas across the Group. Driving innovation and growth, we are harnessing the potential of over 6000 employees, to provide support and develop best-in-class solutions.
About Business line/Function :
Amanda project is an in-house pricing application part of the BP2S applications portfolio, which centralizes, compares and diffuses validated securities prices and securities data from different data providers.
Head of Amanda Chennai
Business Line / Function:
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
Manage Amanda Chennai team, ensure succesful and efficient implementation of project deliveries. Ensure Stakeholder alignement, derive Key Performance indicators
Delivery (Cost, Time, Quality and Scope Management)
- Planning the blueprints for software projects, including defining the scope, allocating resources, setting deadlines, laying out communication strategies, and indicating tests and maintenance.
- Tracking milestones, deliverables, and change requests
- Creating a project budget and ensuring the project adheres to the budget as closely as possible.
- Ensuring each project stays on schedule and adheres to the deadlines.
- Work with Amanda team to deliver releases within agreed Timelines & Quality
- Maintain continuous alignment of program scope with strategic business objectives, and make recommendations to modify the program to enhance effectiveness toward the business result or strategic intent
- Bring in transparency to ensure that ADM and TCoE activities can be easily monitored and reported.
- Define and measure metrics to measure quality, current state and Identify changes to existing process to achieve the desired target state.
- Delivering completed software products to clients and performing regular checks on the products' performance.
- Work with Paris teams to improve the delivery / stability of system.
- Work with APS teams and arrest defects leakage to production and also provide solution to manual processes in production done by APS teams
- Work with TCoE team to identify avenues of automation
Operational Process Control
- Ensure team adheres to process controls built by OPC/Quality/ATOMe/Configuration Management teams.
- Alignment of process across various DA teams. Making the process lean but still adhering to necessary controls. Streamline processes such that reports can be generated automatically using existing tools such as JIRA/QC. Ensure minimal manual work.
- Identifying best practices in each team across DA and ensure adoption of such practices across other DA teams.
- Ensure there are no NC’s and closure of any existing NC’s on a timely basis.
- To participate and provide all the information for AMANDA on various governance meetings and dashboards that includes (i) Steering Committee (ii) CIO Dashboard Meetings (iii) QAP etc.
- Serving as a liaison to communicate information regarding changes, milestones reached, and other pertinent information to BCM, IT and Business Sponsor.
- Provide appropriate presentations to the management to ensure timely status reporting and bring in transparency.
- Improve the Collaboration between IT, OPS, APS, BCM and TCOE.
- Identify Risks, their potential impacts, probability of occurrence at the earliest.
- Define Risk Avoidance and mitigation plans.
- Communicate to necessary stakeholders on the risks involved.
- Continuous monitoring of risk to see if it has reduced (or) new risks are discovered.
- Build an effectively back up plan for unplanned leaves and resignations.
- Ensure capture of leave calendar for the team and effectively plan for any planned absences.
- Ensure there is no Key person dependency by planning effective cross trainings and identifying proper backups.
- Prepare team for long-term strategic vision by upskilling of resources
- Mobilize people across teams to effectively use resources and bring in synergy across various applications.
- Identify individual strengths and ensure planning to effectively use these strengths to enhance the overall team capabilities.
- Plan collaborative activities (within offshore + onshore) to improve the team rapport.
- Connect with people (at least key people) once in 2 months. Since we are WFH for last 1 year, this connect would greatly help to gauge people mindset and work accordingly.
- Work with your N-2 and teams (when required) and mentor them as required. Recognize good work from people. This would allow us to keep the attrition at lowest levels
- Build a conducive environment to extract maximum productivity from the team.
- Identify the life span of all the technologies being used in Amanda and prepare a plan to update these technologies to ensure that there is no crisis as well as to be compliant to BP2S Obsolescence Management.
- Adoption of new technology innovations to stay ahead in market.
Other Contributions to ISPL/Organization
- Contribute to people recruitment for project positions in other teams
- Work with other managers and contribute towards improvising Admin, Infrastructure or any other area, which would help smooth running of the offshore development
- Contribute to offshore development center by Establishing standards / Procedure, which could be like Submitting Whitepapers on any technology that is widely used and would be useful for other teams
- Mobilize people, which would enable other teams to perform better
- Document and share the best practices with other teams
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
- Knowledge and/or experience of the financial services industry is required
- Proven track record in People Management
- Previous experiences in software development life cycle and Agile/iterative methodology. Project is currently undergoing full transition into Agile
- Ability to influence and reach alignment with complex stakeholder map
Specific Qualifications (if required)
Behavioural Skills: (Please select up to 4 skills)
Personal Impact / Ability to influence
Ability to anticipate business and startegic evolution
Ability to deliver/results driven
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Ability to develop and leverage networks
Ability to develop and adapt a process
Ability to manage and facilitate meeting with senior Stakeholders
Ability to set up relevant performance indicators
Ability to manage a project
Bachelor Degree or equivalent
At least 15 years
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)