About BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas is a top-ranking bank in Europe with an international profile. It operates in 71 countries and has almost 199 000 employees. The Group ranks highly in its three core areas of activity: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail banking networks and financial services are grouped together under Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, centred on corporate and institutional clients. The Group helps all of its clients (retail, associations, businesses, SMEs, large corporates and institutional) to implement their projects by providing them with services in financing, investment, savings and protection. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas enjoys leading positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas and has a solid and fast-growing network in the Asia/Pacific region.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas SA, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Bengaluru, Chennai and Mumbai, we are a 24x7 global delivery center. India Solutions services three business lines: Corporate and Institutional Banking, Investment Solutions and Retail Banking for BNP Paribas across the Group. Driving innovation and growth, we are harnessing the potential of over 6000 employees, to provide support and develop best-in-class solutions.
About Businessline/Function :
Global Market Operations also known as COCE (Client Operating Center of Excellence) is further divided into 4 departments i.e. Trade Processing & Support, PnL, Client Management & Change Management. Product Control in the wider market outside of BNP is Middle Office. Product Control consists of streams like Documentation & Reconciliation, Trade Support, P&L & Trading Portfolio & controls. Product Control teams are in regular contact with Market Front Office, Regional Back Office’s and Regional Finance & other support teams for their BAU.
Senior Associate / Assistant Manager
COCE Product Control
Business Line / Function:
COCE Product Control
Head of team
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
The role of the Credit Derivatives Trade Validation – Associate is accountable for the delivery of the Credit Derivatives Trade Support Activities within the OTC & LD Trade Validation team which processes any OTC & LD Transaction for which terms & conditions are negotiated, with the mandate to ensure that it is correctly represented in the booking system, consistent with the sale and allocated if necessary. They will also ensure that the transaction is correctly feeding FO to BO booking systems
- Controls and/or processes trade capture in FO/MO/BO systems
- Monitors and processes trade events
- Investigates on trade feeds, confirmations and payments in case of requests raised by other Operation teams
TRADE SUPPORT MAIN FUNCTIONS :
· Accountable for:
o The management of trades in Focus trade blotter, ensuring trades are picked up and allocated and validating amends performed with the guidance of more Senior colleagues
o Booking of flow credit trades and structured credit trades, ensuring alignment of trade termsheet
o Managing the flow of new trades and amendments from Front Office systems to Back Office system
o Running all reconciliations, investigating any breaks identified and solving simple to intermediate breaks referring complex breaks to senior colleagues.
Solving queries relating to booking discrepancies
· Coordinate activities with internal clients and external clients to ensure the smooth delivery of operations processes and service levels in accordance with the established procedures and guidelines.
· Assist in the training of new and junior members of the team
· Ensure accurate and timely processing of rebooking initiatives and migrations.
· Provide cover for other members of the Trade Support team when necessary, ability to flex between teams depending on daily volume and demand.
· Support the implementation of new system functionalities and raise IT requirements for bug fixing or system enhancements when possibleParticipate in Transversal projects
- Comply with internal and external regulatory and compliance requirements
- Ensure all controls are in place and reconciliations front-to-back are investigated and reconciled:
- Emails from Back offices, Middle offices and IT are investigated
- Emails from Credit Risk control are investigated
- Abnormal Trading are investigated and accounted
- Ensuring trades are booked timely and accurately on trade date
- Account for missing booking and escalate when necessary
- Checking of daily reports
- Contribute to the Permanent Control framework.
- Main contributor for team project.
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
- Basic knowledge in OTC Credit Derivative Products
- Deep knowledge of Middle Office Support functions
- Understanding the economical requirements linked to the cessation of the Libor
- Murex knowledge preferred
- Able to work under pressure
- Possess great team spirit but yet can work independently, and is able to train her/his teammates
- Confident and possess good communication and interpersonal skills
- Project management skills
Specific Qualifications (if required)
Behavioural Skills: (Please select up to 4 skills)
Attention to detail / rigor
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Ability to develop and adapt a process
Ability to develop others & improve their skills
Ability to manage a project
Master Degree or equivalent
At least 4 years
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)
Discover the different professions within BNP Paribas: Operations Management
Those who work in Operations Management roles are essential to the smooth-running of our Group, and work consistently to satisfaction to our clients and teams. These roles offer stimulating careers that combine efficiency with a strong collaborative spirit.Find out more
Why should I apply?
Basically, why would you want to join BNP Paribas over any other company?
BECAUSE YOU'RE THE KIND OF PERSON WHO WANTS...
What if we told you that working in our Group isn’t quite what you might think? At BNP Paribas, we do a multitude of different jobs that are constantly evolving to meet the expectations of our clients and society as a whole. Whether through everyday tasks or major projects, doing one of our jobs means making a personal commitment to taking sustainable action.
Feeling good about your job means bringing your whole self to work and being who you are. It’s also about having the resources you need to achieve a healthy work-life balance. Both of these are major commitments at BNP Paribas.
At BNP Paribas, developing your skills is as important to us as it is to you. And the skills you learn with us will help you through the rest of your working life.