About BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas is a top-ranking bank in Europe with an international profile. It operates in 71 countries and has almost 199 000 employees. The Group ranks highly in its three core areas of activity: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail banking networks and financial services are grouped together under Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, centred on corporate and institutional clients. The Group helps all of its clients (retail, associations, businesses, SMEs, large corporates and institutional) to implement their projects by providing them with services in financing, investment, savings and protection. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas enjoys leading positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas and has a solid and fast-growing network in the Asia/Pacific region.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas SA, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Bengaluru, Chennai and Mumbai, we are a 24x7 global delivery center. India Solutions services three business lines: Corporate and Institutional Banking, Investment Solutions and Retail Banking for BNP Paribas across the Group. Driving innovation and growth, we are harnessing the potential of over 6000 employees, to provide support and develop best-in-class solutions.
Software Engineer / Senior Software Engineer
Mumbai / Chennai
Business Line / Function:
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
The BI Developer will be part of the FRESH Business Intelligence Reporting team and the overall Finance/IT community, developing BI solutions, contributing to development & implementation of strategy, establishing standards and processes, for agile, sustainable Business Intelligence solutions.
The Sr. Developer will be responsible development and delivery of Business Intelligence Solutions using Alteryx, Tableau or Power-BI, Excel (with VBA) and SQL Servers to support Finance and Risk teams.
- Propose and develop solutions using Tableau as the primary visualization tool and Excel or Alteryx, SQL/Oracle Servers/Databases for acquisition, storage and processing needs.
- Optimization of performance of Tableau/Alteryx/Power-BI reports being deployed in a global environment.
- Analyze data and systems to identify data sourcing, structuring, modeling and transformation requirements.
- Develop prototypes using multiple sourcing, transformation and storage tools.
- Present and explain functionalities, alternatives of different tools and applicability to specific situations and processes.
- Decode and document applications developed by the team or transferred to the team.
- Project management (Techno-functional role, multiple projects), and reporting of specific projects assigned to the individual
- Interact with users to understand requirements in a dynamic environment in an agile fashion.
- Manage enhancement and update schedules for the BI applications
· Contribute to transversal Finance optimization projects
- Support maintenance, troubleshooting and management of BI applications
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
· Expertise in Alteryx which is used as key transformation tool
· Experience in Tableau and Power-BI (desktop and server) tools will be an added advantage
· Comfortable with Python scripts and VBA applications for MS Excel, MS Access
· Basic office productivity tools (Outlook, Lotus Notes, Word, Power Point)
· Documentation of applications, processes and user guides with agreement on timelines and delivery
· Different data sourcing, structuring, modeling, and storage concepts
· Ability to analyze data sets, identify relationships, controls and processes
· Ability to design solutions and prototypes based on requirements or broad ideas
· Extrapolating business process ideas into comprehensive BI solutions ranging from data acquisition, processing and storage
· Understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
· Experience in waterfall & agile-scrum models in software development life cycle
· Ability to manage multiple projects through different stages, evolving requirements and conditions
· Ability to navigate complex organizations and processes
Specific Qualifications (if required)
· Bachelor’s Degree in a technical subject (minimum)
Behavioural Skills: (Please select up to 4 skills)
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
Attention to detail / rigor
Ability to deliver / Results driven
Communication skills - oral & written
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Ability to develop and adapt a process
Ability to anticipate business / strategic evolution
Choose an item.
Bachelor Degree or equivalent
At least 3 years
Discover the different professions within BNP Paribas: IT, Tech and Data
BNP Paribas is not just a financial services group. We’re also a tech company. Information systems, data and tools are central to our DNA, and offer a very broad range of career opportunities!Find out more
Why should I apply?
Basically, why would you want to join BNP Paribas over any other company?
BECAUSE YOU'RE THE KIND OF PERSON WHO WANTS...
What if we told you that working in our Group isn’t quite what you might think? At BNP Paribas, we do a multitude of different jobs that are constantly evolving to meet the expectations of our clients and society as a whole. Whether through everyday tasks or major projects, doing one of our jobs means making a personal commitment to taking sustainable action.
Feeling good about your job means bringing your whole self to work and being who you are. It’s also about having the resources you need to achieve a healthy work-life balance. Both of these are major commitments at BNP Paribas.
At BNP Paribas, developing your skills is as important to us as it is to you. And the skills you learn with us will help you through the rest of your working life.