Description – ALMT IT – OMR – Java Developer[Senior Software Engg.]
BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas Group is a leading European bank
with a strong global footprint across 72 markets and more than 202,000
employees. The Group provides
corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service
solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of
financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth
management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and
consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP
Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas Group, a
leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers
located in Mumbai and Chennai, we are a 24x7 global delivery center. We
partner various business lines of BNP Paribas such as Corporate and
Institutional Banking, Wealth Management, Retail Banking through three
verticals - Information Technology, Operations and Finance Shared Services.
ALMT function is responsible
for Asset Liabilities management and treasury activity of BNP Paribas. It
also handles Bank’s funding needs and risk management activities. ALMT IT is
a Deal Capture & Deal Processing Application catering to IT
demands of ALMT functions within the bank.
OMR is the standard international BNPP
CIB local back-office system, servicing several business lines: ALM Treasury,
Local Fixed Income, Financing Metiers, GECD. OMR core is a commercial
software provided by SS&C
Fully integrated to BNPP standard
architecture via in-house developments(interfaces)
Sr. Software Engineer
Line / Function:
of Direct Reports:
Current position is under ALMT IT team
scope to contribute in individual capacity on development, enhancements, and maintenance
& support activities for multiple applications by efficiently utilizing
continuous improvement and agile methodology. Immediate tasks would include
but not restricted to
- Design and development of new interface modules to interact with other systems.
- Modification of existing code and support of existing interface modules
- To provide reliable solutions using Java, Oracle and related
technologies to issues faced by
- Application designing / development / testing /
support / enhancements / bug-fixing.
- Interact with functional and technical
representatives of project teams in order to understand business
functionalities, technical modules, integration mechanism and data
- Prepare test plans and conduct Unit,
Integration, Regression, Performance and Functional Testing using
automated testing frameworks (e.g. Junit, Nunit, Mock, etc.).
- Contribute to the technical designing phase and
document the design with UML diagrams and models. Create prototype for
proof of concept and business requirements validations.
- Ensure that the project and organization
standards are followed during various phases of software development
lifecycle and day to day development work.
- Estimate efforts and schedule for various
modules and meet deadlines.
- Technical and Release Documentation
- Deployment of system components - Application,
Shell Scripts and Databases.
- Acquire skills in relevant technologies and
take up higher responsibilities
- To participate in out-of-hours / daytime
support as required
- To ensure that application is of good quality,
ensure any issues are fixed on priority.
- To work with teams to help solve complex
- Work towards initiatives to improve processes
and delivery efficiency
- Contribute towards recruitment efforts - both
for the team as well as for the organization
- Contribute towards innovation; suggest new
technical practices for efficiency improvement.
- Conduct Code reviews
- Contribute towards innovation, suggest new
technical practices to be investigated
- Contribute towards initiatives to improve
processes and delivery
- Contribute towards recruitment
efforts - both for the team as well as for the organization
& Behavioral Competencies
Mandatory Technical Skills:
- Strong knowledge on Unix/ Linux shell scripting
- Strong knowledge on Java 8 or above
- Good knowledge of Database Programming skills
in Oracle SQL, PLSQL
- Strong knowledge on Performance Tuning in Java
- Working knowledge on Java multithreading
- Ability & willingness to learn & work
on diverse technologies (languages, frameworks, and tools)
- Thorough understanding of complete Software
- Self-motivated, good interpersonal skills and
inclination to constantly upgrade on new technologies and frameworks.
- Good communication and co-ordination
Nice to have Skills:
- Knowledge of version control tools, preferably
- Exposure to financial domain
Qualifications (if required)
Behavioural Skills: (Please select up to 4
Attention to detail / rigor
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
(Please select up to 5 skills)
develop and adapt a process
understand, explain and support change
develop and adapt a process
Choose an item.
Bachelor Degree or equivalent
At least 5 years
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)