Description – ALMT IT – Settlement & Accounting – Business Analyst
BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas Group is a leading European bank
with a strong global footprint across 72 markets and more than 202,000
employees. The Group provides
corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service
solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of
financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth
management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and
consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP
Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas Group, a
leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers
located in Mumbai and Chennai, we are a 24x7 global delivery center. We
partner various business lines of BNP Paribas such as Corporate and
Institutional Banking, Wealth Management, Retail Banking through three
verticals - Information Technology, Operations and Finance Shared Services.
ALMT function is responsible
for Asset Liabilities management and treasury activity of BNP Paribas. It
also handles Bank’s funding needs and risk management activities. ALMT IT is
a Deal Capture & Deal Processing Application catering to IT
demands of ALMT functions within the bank.
OMR is ALMT métiers back office
settlement system deployed across the globe. OMR receive deals from various
trade booking systems and performs trade processing & controls, payment
& confirmations advices, accounting event generation.
Mumbai – Infinity Building
Line / Function:
of Direct Reports:
Current position is under ALMT IT team
scope to contribute in individual capacity on development, enhancements, and
maintenance & support activities for multiple applications by efficiently
utilizing continuous improvement and agile methodology. Immediate tasks would
include but not restricted to
- To create and maintain functional specifications document and work
closely with the development and testing team.
- To co-ordinate closely
with the business users and onsite BA’s or managers of the application to
understand the functional requirements
- To perform functional
tests and assist with user acceptance tests
- Interact with functional and technical representatives
of project teams in order to understand business functionalities,
technical modules, integration mechanism and data sources.
- Prepare functional specifications for
developers and testers.
- Prepare test plans and conduct Integration,
Regression, Performance and Functional Testing using automated testing
frameworks (e.g. Junit, Nunit, Mock, etc.).
- Review Functional Specs, Functional Test Cases
prepared by IT team.
- Contribute to the technical designing phase and
document the design with UML diagrams and models. Create prototype for
proof of concept and business requirements validations.
- Provide functional assistance
to Development/Testing teams.
- Participate in peer reviews of Functional
- Conduct user training sessions on applications
- Train others (wherever required) in order to
ensure knowledge sharing and backup.
- Ensure that the project and organization
standards are followed during various phases of software development
lifecycle and day to day development work.
- Estimate efforts and schedule for various
modules and meet deadlines.
- Functional Release Documentation
- To participate in out-of-hours / daytime
support as required
- To ensure that application is of good quality,
ensure any issues are fixed on priority.
- To work with teams to help solve complex
- Work towards initiatives to improve processes
and delivery efficiency
- Contribute towards recruitment efforts - both
for the team as well as for the organization
- Contribute towards innovation; suggest new
practices for efficiency improvement.
- Provide L3 Support
- To ensure all activities carried-out and
solutions proposed, planned and delivered are compliant with Organization
- Contribute towards innovation, suggest new
practices to be investigated
- Contribute towards initiatives to improve
processes and delivery
- Contribute towards recruitment
efforts - both for the team as well as for the organization
& Behavioral Competencies
Mandatory Technical Skills:
- Experience as a Business Analyst in an IT
industry in the Finance domain.
- Knowledge of Capital Market activities,
Financial Products, Financial Terminologies is a must.
- Good SQL Query writing skills
- Understanding of Trade Life Cycle
- Thorough understanding of complete Software
- Self-motivated, good interpersonal skills and
inclination to constantly upgrade on new technologies and frameworks.
- Good communication, good interpersonal skills
and co-ordination activities, self-motivated, and inclination to
constantly upgrade on new developments in the industry.
- Ability to understand business requirements
easily and translate them into functional requirements.
- Capability to understand and analyze complex IT
application and financial product structures
- Excellent documentation ability.
- Have experience in preparing requirement
specifications and perform UAT.
Nice to have Skills:
or Experience with Treasury functions and business processes.
of Back Office Settlement system
- Basics of Unix/Linux OS
Qualifications (if required)
Behavioural Skills: (Please select up to 4
Attention to detail / rigor
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
(Please select up to 5 skills)
develop and adapt a process
understand, explain and support change
Choose an item.
Choose an item.
Bachelor Degree or equivalent
At least 5 years
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required) BE/
BE / BE+MBA