ALM Analytics, Mgr
At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
The Treasury ALM department has an immediate opening available for an Asset Liability Analyst. Treasury ALM reports to the Bank's Asset Liability Committee (ALCO), which determines the desired interest rate risk and liquidity risk positions of the Bank and establishing the guidelines to achieve that position in given market environment. This position is part of the Production, Analysis, and Standards team, responsible for providing analytical monitoring and management of the Bank’s risk exposure.
Specifically, this role will be managing the Analysis and Standards team, responsible for establishing the standards of the reporting metrics. The role is transversal, coordinating activities across the Consolidated US Operations including both the Retail and Wholesale banking activities.
Essential Job Functions
- Interprets the metrics and monitoring function’s reporting
- Design, document, and maintain the metrics limit framework inventory.
- Develop centralized monitoring framework covering balance sheet projections and assumptions to ensure consistency in the forecasting approaches across metrics.
- Manage a team of analysts supporting the Analysis and Standards functions
- Lead normative committees focused on communicating proposed changes to the metrics and assumptions, creating transparency to the change control process and acquiring approvals from key constituents.
- Manage the Net Debit Cap methodology including policies and procedures and performing the calculations.
- Support ALMT’s contribution to Bank-wide initiatives including CCAR and Resolution Planning
- Represent ALMT in the review of evolving banking laws, ensuring compliance and appropriate controls are in place
- Effectively communicate complex financial concepts to a wide variety of partners including executives, model risk, and external Regulators.
Other Job Duties
- Provides specialized analytical support as needed to the front-office and strategy and steering teams.
- Evaluates interest rate and liquidity risk best practices and recommend process enhancements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires practical knowledge in leading and managing the execution of processes, projects and tactics within one area.
- Typically has advanced knowledge and skills within a specific technical or professional discipline with understanding of the impact of work on other areas of the organization.
- Expertise in core Treasury functions including calculation of Interest Rate Risk, Liquidity Risk, and Funds Transfer Pricing metrics.
- Requires 7 years minimum prior relevant experience.
- Bachelor's Degree Quantitative field, including quantitative finance
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.