About BNP Paribas
BNP Paribas has a presence in 75 countries with more than 180,000 employees, including 140,000 in Europe. It ranks highly in its three core activities: Retail Banking, Investment Solutions and Corporate & Investment Banking. In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the leader in consumer lending. BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail banking model across Mediterranean basin countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Investment Banking and Investment Solutions activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas and solid and fast-growing businesses in Asia-Pacific.
About Electronic Equites Business
The Electronic Equites business provides clients execution services on over 100 markets in more than 30 countries worldwide. We provide the full spectrum of capabilities: from Sponsored or Direct Market Access to Smart Order Router and Algorithmic Execution. Technology is a key factor in the success of this business, hence we focus on a small number of technologies and platforms, each dedicated and optimised for a particular function to achieve best results. We look to build compact, flat and global teams, actively collaborating between each other and with the business. We are a team with engineering culture, we value hands-on technical skills at any level.
The Market Connectivity C++ Engineer will join a distributed team developing strategic market connectivity application. The application is deployed globally across all markets in Americas, EMEA and APAC regions normalising market access and performing comprehensive set of client-level and market-level limit controls. It is low-latency, high-throughput, resilient application which requires careful consideration of non-functional requirements. If you join the team, you will work on various development tasks depending on your skills and preferences: implementing access to new markets, mandatory market upgrades, implementing new and changing existing limit controls, further improving latency, and others.
- Coding in C++, but ready to take with occasional side projects in bash/perl/python/kdb/java depending on skills.
- Influence team members on best design, review and improve others code, build up network and positive energy across teams to deliver end goal.
- Ability is desire to work in an agile environment, with daily communication to the business and short turn-around delivery cycles.
- Be a team player in flat, compact, regionally distributed multi-skilled team.
- Take end-to-end responsibility for delivery: participate in design, coding, peer reviews, work with QA and Support teams on releases, and perform SL3.
- 2+ years of C++ in IT Finance industry
- Desirable experience in Electronic Trading, experience in Market Connectivity is a significant advantage.
- Knowledge of Linux environment (scripting, common toolset)
- Knowledge in low latency techniques and performance optimisation.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP networking, UDP/Multicast is a plus.
- Knowledge of the FIX Protocol.