About the job
- The alert analyst is in charge of performing screening on post trade alerts (for deals made with counterparties with missing KYC, Do Not Trade status, based in sanctioned countries, etc). The alert is to be investigated with the relevant teams (Business, Due Diligence, Back Office), and if necessary the team will need to ensure a remediation action is initiated by the relevant team. The alert analyst will need to monitor the progress of the remediation action and close the alert in our tracking system (Actimize) when remediated.
Your Main Activities Are
In charge of the end-to-end analysis and monitoring of KYC breaches and other breache sin scope (incl. pre-assessment and screening, coordination with the relevant Due diligence business teams)
Review of new breaches and monitoring of stock of breaches until their respective closure
Strongly contribute to the development of the procedures and related process
Provide guidance, help and support to the relevant teams on the process
Preparation of reporting and key performance indicators
Profile and Skills to Success
IT literate and familiar with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint); Excel knowledge is mandatory
Experience in banking screening activity or relevant experience in fraud risk management is a plus; other experience in Banking Operations is appreciated
Awareness of financial markets products, Anti Money Laundery / Know You Customer topics is a plus
Familiar with various types of trading entities - limited, private and public companies, holding companies, hedge funds, asset managers, special purpose vehicle’s, trust’s etc is a plus
Awareness of Anti Money Laundery / Know You Customer topics
Analytical ability and ability to take appropriate decisions in a short timeframe
Ability to work under pressure
Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
About the Team
- Within Client Management Operations of BNP Paribas, the Trust Actimize Screening team is in charge of Post trade alerts, for counterparties with no KYC. The team is located in Lisbon. The main goal of the team is to contribute to protect BNPP against reputational risk, Anti Money laundering risk AML/CFT and Fraud risks. The team must work closely with the Business and Coverage to understand the alerts, with Due Diligence to accompany the remediation of breaches, with IT for improvements of our screening tool and with OPC and Compliance
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history. It has a presence in 65 countries, with around 190 000 Employees – including more than 145 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7.100 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions:
- Retail Banking, a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialised business lines;
- Investment & Protection Services that include specialised businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services;
- Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional clients.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
· Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
· Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment. To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.