Advanced Analytics Analyst
At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
We are currently seeking qualified talent to be responsible for assisting in analyzing data to ensure integrity and quality, development requirements for granularity, determine history requirements and timelines and mapping rules, documenting the business, data and function requirements to support the development of statistical and econometrics models in support of various risk management, compliance, and business initiatives. Collaborate with business, risk personnel and model development team to deliver data and infrastructure required for regulatory compliance. This the entry-level analyst in the Advanced Analytics job family.
In this role you will:
- As part of the modeling team, work on development of statistical and econometrics models for various risk management activities, including (but not limited to): loss forecasting and stress testing of the Bank's portfolio of loans, reserving, budgeting, account management, profitability, new loan originations and other strategic initiatives, and regulatory compliance.
- Follow the established modeling development principles to implement statistical and analytical solutions and be part of the team that develops and implements those solutions.
- Complete various tasks and pieces of the model development process in a timely manner under supervision of experienced modelers. Provide support to document analytical solutions in accordance with the Bank's latest model governance policies.
- Follow proper model monitoring and back testing processes, model change control procedures and versioning protocols.
- Collaborate with production analytics team to implement and test the models and to continuously enhance analytic infrastructure.
- Work effectively as a team member with other quantitative analysts at the company, as well as with external consultants.
- Keep abreast with developments in quantitative risk management and industry best practices in model validation.
- Work effectively either independently or as part of a team.
- Manage time and resources in a dynamic multi-task environment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires advanced knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- May have practical knowledge of project management.
- Requires 5 years minimum prior relevant experience.
Master's Degree in quantitative fields. Prefer PHD degree in Statistics, Math, Economy, and other quantitative fields
- Experience in data exploration, data mining, and data transformation is required.
- Experience with statistical estimation algorithms and model design is preferred.
- Knowledge of a variety of modeling techniques such as multivariate regressions and models with categorical response variables.
- Prior hands-on working experience with developing loan-level behavioral models a plus.
- Demonstrated strengths in problem solving, planning and organizing and initiative.
- Highly self-motivated, results oriented and capable of independent and critical thinking and problem solving.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.