At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.Job Description Summary
The Senior Administrative Assistant is responsible for primarily performing advanced, complex, diverse, and confidential administrative support duties and secondarily performing secretarial support duties to a Manager and his team members. Requires thorough knowledge of Retail Deposits Products policies, programs, business, and organization of the bank. Must demonstrate tact, diplomacy, discretion, independent judgment, and initiative on assignments and communications of a highly sensitive nature. May handle personal business matters for senior executives to allow the senior executives to concentrate their efforts on managing of the bank’s business.Essential Job Functions
- Ensures deadlines are met and follows up on pending matters. Processes and maintains information of a highly complex and confidential nature dealing with issues of substantial importance to the Business.
- Compiles data from various sources/systems. Prepares correspondence, reports, memoranda, special projects, technical papers, and related materials for unit staff.
- Determines appropriate data to include in responses to information requests. Reviews compiled statistics and gathers, analyzes and summarizes data for projects and reports, prepares the materials, and determines method of presentation. Furnishes and obtains information from other senior officers or outside clients and/or contacts.
- Controls screening telephone calls, mail, and visitors directed to the Business or Business Leader. Advises callers, takes messages, and answers questions relating to the unit's function. Interacts with Company clients to schedule appointments, answer questions, and resolve moderately complex issues. May act as information source for the unit.
- Prepares letters and memoranda from thorough knowledge of Company's policies, procedures, and functions. Initiates responses to correspondence for senior executive or own signature.
- Assist with planning and managing on-site logistics for meetings.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires broad knowledge of operational systems and practices typically gained through extensive experience and/or education.
- Requires 5 years minimum experience.
- May require vocational or technical education in addition to prior work experience.
- Thorough knowledge of general office procedures with demonstrated advanced administrative and secretarial skills.
- Strong competencies: client focus, accountability for results, team effectiveness, strong time management and multi-tasking skills, flexibility and professional confidence.
- Demonstrated strong project management and decision making skills.
- Excellent communication skills and strong interpersonal skills with an ability to work well with executive/senior management teams, clients and vendors.
- Must be self-motivated, highly organized, articulate and possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Possess a strong teamwork ethic; must have the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent computer skills; proficient with all Microsoft Office suite, Social Networking sites and familiarity with event software.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the banking industry and the policies and practices of the Company.
- Demonstrated ability to work on own initiative with little direction, to identify issues requiring attention, and to initiate and manage complex projects on time.
#LI-LH1Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-California-San RamonJob Type: Full-timeJob: Administrative / Clerical