BNP Paribas’ Global Markets business offers a broad range of products and services in the global interest rate, credit, currency, equities & commodity markets. Global Markets help their franchise of clients find effective ways to raise and invest capital as well as manage their exposure to risk. Their client base comprises of hundreds of corporations, institutional investors, banks, governments and supranational organizations.
Global Markets Americas has undertaken an initiative to increase the efficiency of its Front Office staff by reorganizing their administrative professionals and expanding their mandate. To create a strong administrative support model while providing increased levels of service to all Front Office staff, we’ve pooled our administrative staff to create a unified Platform Services Team (“PST”).
This position is located in Chesterbrook, PA and we are in a hybrid work environment!
PST has two mandates: (i) office and administrative support for all Global Markets Americas Front Office staff; and (ii) management FO employee experience tasks related to new hire onboarding, internal transfers and separations. This work includes user access management and oversight of the related end-to-end process improvements.
Daily tasks related to administration and office management include, but are not limited to: travel and expense management, cost control implementation, acting as SPOC for visiting employees, TOMNET management, new hire on-boarding, room bookings, presentation assistance, invoicing, Business Continuity Planning, calendar and meeting management for Executive Clients, Priority Clients, organization of policies and procedures, expense reporting, client entertainment reporting, FINRA reporting, Facilities coordination, and Premises management.
The current role is for an Administrative Assistant who will report into the Head of Platform Services Team, Administration & Office Management manager while supporting priority clients and Global Markets Front Office personnel. Our Administrative Assistants are expected to partner and coordinate with other assistants in the team to ensure seamless coverage is provided to all of our staff.
- Supervision of administrative personnel with a keen oversight of daily performance, review and escalation of all client or team concerns, monitoring of task completion & KPI’s in Quest. Ensure team adheres to policies and processes, provide coaching, training and mentorship of administrative pod. Perform monthly 1:1 meetings to review individual performance. Participate in Mid-Year and Year-end review process.
- Domestic and International Travel arrangements; expedited travel service. Process of expense claims.
- Coordinate Webex (Video and/or audio) meetings and perform operator assist functionality.
- Plan and coordinate all logistics for internal/external events such as client roadshows, teambuilding events, staff events on-site and off-site, internal workshop learning programs, external client meetings and all other ad-hoc event requirements.
- Managing logistics for visitors
- Management of incoming and outgoing phone calls
- Maintain current e-mail distribution lists in Outlook
- Modification and distribution of departmental reports.
- Meeting minutes for high-level financial meetings.
- Invoice processing and external client on-boarding coordination.
- Completion of any projects or tasks, as requested by management demonstrating a strategic, flexible and, forward thinking approach.
- Prepare reports using Excel and perform data analysis.
- An Administrative Assistant will make use of several application systems including:
- ivalua – Supplies and IT Procurement.
- My IT / SailPoint – Request management tool for IT application security activities.
- Concur – Travel scheduling and expense reporting.
- Tom Net and Clock Net – Staff attendance and work hours tracking.
- UPS – Express mail labeling and postage.
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft Office Suite with a strong focus on Excel and report management.
- Administrative Assistants are expected to partner and coordinate with other assistants in multiple locations, to ensure seamless support coverage is provided to all of our Global Markets Front Office Staff. This includes but not limited to providing coverage to Executives which are not their normal priority while other assistants are off-desk.
Required Qualifications for Administrative Assistant Position:
- Education and Experience: Bachelor’s degree or higher, with a strong understanding of Front Office principles and processes for providing customer and administrative services. 3-5yrs of proven experience as an Administrative Assistant, strong ability to support various levels in the organization, within a financial institution.
- Demonstrate an in-depth understanding of office and administrative management procedures and departmental and legal policies. Coordinate with necessary departments to ensure all office management related projects are handled timely and with accuracy.
- Technical Skills: Competent in Word and PowerPoint. Extremely competent in Microsoft Outlook and Excel.
- Administrative Skills: Light calendar management, meeting management, time management, strategic planning of tasks, travel management, heavy expense processing, phone management, client handling, event planning, heavy invoice processing, external client-onboarding, data analytics, detailed meetings minutes, and assist Head of Platform Services Team on several projects and tasks.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills: A good candidate will be an active listener and clear communicator, both verbally and in writing. They must communicate pro-actively, anticipating the needs of the business and Head of Platform Services Manager. Escalating issues as necessary – utilizing tact and confidentiality. Be an excellent team player.
- Excellent organizational skills: Must have the ability to multitask and prioritize work based on potential impact. An excellent candidate is detail oriented, flexible and enjoys the administrative challenges of supporting executive level employees.
- Exhibit initiative and resourcefulness to get tasks done quickly and efficiently with a high degree of professionalism
BNP Paribas is committed to providing a work environment that fosters diversity, inclusion, and equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, age, creed, sex, religion, national origin, disability (physical or mental), marital status, citizenship, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, or any other legally protected status.
*Physical presence in BNPP’s office(s) is an essential function of this position. BNPP requires all of our employees to be vaccinated in order to access its offices, subject to reasonable accommodations for reasons related to disability or religion.