Actimize Product Specialist & Team Manager
Job Description – Actimize Product Specialist & Team Manager
About BNP Paribas Group:
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 74 countries with more than 190,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 15,000 employees* and a presence in 14 markets, it provides clients with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs, and continues to develop its franchise in the region.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas Group, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Mumbai and Chennai, we are a 24x7 global delivery center. We partner various business lines of BNP Paribas such as Corporate and Institutional Banking, Wealth Management, Retail Banking through three verticals - Information Technology, Operations and Finance Shared Services.
About Businessline/Function :
This role is with CIB IT- Regulatory Controls team. Regulatory controls IT team provides services to Compliance, Control and Legal functions within BNP Paribas CIB. The key stakeholders are spread across Europe and North America.
Actimize Product Specialist & Team Manager
CIB IT Transversal
Business Line / Function:
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
The person will be a key member of the AML IT team that is tasked to deliver multiple complex projects in the AML Monitoring area. This role is within the Regulatory Controls IT team. Focus will primarily be on the evolving Actimize Anti-Money Laundering Monitoring platform, within Corporate & Institutional Banking.
The candidate will partner with the Compliance & Financial Security teams and be a “go to” for technical execution of the product. The candidate is responsible to partner with all the functional and project leads in designing the solution and taking ownership of the execution and delivery. The candidate will recommend alternative solutions, design, integrate, and implement the right enterprise solutions for Compliance. The candidate will be responsible for directing the functional/technical activities of assigned staff including analysis, design, product evaluations..
- Work In partnership with RC IT FS team in US and the IT team to develop and drive initiatives that transform and modernize the capabilities and services of the Compliance and AML function.
- Establish as a strategic partner and contributor to formulating the technology strategy in alignment with the business.
- Define Dashboards/Workflows/Reports/DART views in Actimize ERCM application
- Work with Compliance to identify appropriate models to cover various scenarios and validate existing setup.
- Accountability and oversight over the Actimize solution platform, and provide on-going support of the AML Monitoring application (Actimize SAM/ERCM)
- Manages staff directly, or through other managers. Establish performance goals, allocates resources, assesses annual performance and appraise resources that are being managed.
- Build and oversee IT teams at multiple locations with capability of implementation, customization, and development around the vendor product.
- Establishes as “Point of Contact” for technology delivery initiatives within the Compliance domain
- Lead projects from idea to implementation. Drive solution architecture, technical designs and security designs to support enterprise needs while thoroughly considering multiple systems impact.
- Maintains knowledge of emerging technologies and recommends/evaluates technologies supporting the Compliance function.
- Plans, coordinates, and schedules investigations, feasibility studies and surveys, including the economic evaluations of proposed and existing systems.
- Ensures proper coordination between assigned staff and all interfacing staff and groups.
- Provides technical expertise in the examination and definition of objectives of existing or proposed systems and in the design of improved systems utilizing information technology
- Ensures adherence to Bank and information systems policies and procedures, security measures and audit standards.
- Maintains professional contacts with other companies, research bodies and equipment manufacturers concerning computer applications and equipment
- Contribute towards knowledge sharing initiatives and upskilling of other team members
- Contribute to development of cost and time estimates for budgeting plan for the AML/Actimize platform
- Contribute to development/Writing of PID, Business Requirements, and Functional & Technical Specifications document, Test plan, and Test Cases
- Contribute to defining of specifications for AML Monitoring models in Actimize application
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
- Knowledge of Corporate Banking business & systems, and AML Monitoring is needed.
- 10-12 years of experience in Banking IT, with a good understanding of the Corporate and Institutional Banking activity. Knowledge of Capital Markets an asset.
- 5+ years of experience implementing leading solutions for use in KYC, OFAC, Transaction Monitoring, Case Management, Trade Surveillance, and Workflow. With at least 3+ years hands-on experience driving Actimize implementations using SAM 8.x / AIS / UDM / ERCM 5.x / DART / Multi-Tenancy & Multi-Currency
- Deep technical knowledge in systems, application frameworks, database optimization, and experience being responsible for the success of software development projects
- Ability to present multiple solution options, and drive defect free products.
- Proven record interpreting and fulfilling requirements by developing high performing, scalable and maintainable solutions with multiple technologies and vendors.
- Hands-on experience with SDLC methodologies and best practices including Waterfall Process, Agile methodologies, deployment automation, code reviews, and test driven development.
- Portfolio management and People management skills overseeing teams at multiple locations
- Strong coordination and organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to explain complex technical issues in a simple concise manner
- Multi-tasking capabilities.
Specific Qualifications (if required)
Behavioural Skills: (Please select up to 4 skills)
Communication skills - oral & written
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
Attention to detail / rigor
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Ability to anticipate business / strategic evolution
Ability to develop and adapt a process
Ability to manage / facilitate a meeting, seminar, committee, training…
Ability to develop others & improve their skills
Bachelor Degree or equivalent
At least 10 years
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)
B.E. or Equivalent
Primary Location: IN-MH-MumbaiJob Type: Standard / PermanentJob: INFORMATION TECHNOLOGYEducation Level: Bachelor Degree or equivalent (>= 3 years)Experience Level: At least 10 yearsSchedule: Full-time Behavioural competency: Active listeningTransversal competency: Ability to manage / facilitate a meeting, seminar, committee, training…