Accounts Receivable Assistant
The Accounts Receivable Assistant works within a team responsible for managing the recovery of monies from clients. The objective of the role is to liaise with the business and clients on outstanding debts and maintain information relating to actions taken. The Credit Controller supports the Credit Control Manager by:
- Chasing debt in accordance with our debt recovery policies
- Maintaining records of actions undertaken to settle arrears.
- Liaising with surveyors to resolve client queries.
- Maintaining a clean aged debt and work with surveyors and clients to recover debt.
- Post invoices/credit notes raised from Reapit into Microsoft GP Dynamics
- Review company bank accounts via Bankline and post cash into Microsoft GP Dynamics on a daily basis
- Create Aged Debts for all companies on a weekly basis and circulate to the business
- Contact clients by telephone, e-mail, letters to ensure invoices are paid in accordance with terms of business
- Monitor the unmatched cash, liaise with treasury, identify the payment and post
- Resolve client disputes either directly or in conjunction with surveyors
- Monitor the credit control email inbox and respond to queries in a timely manner
- Create payments in Bankline to refund clients when required
- Assist the Legal team with any queries relating to debt passed to them for collection
- Assist with any ad-hoc duties as required
- Experience in a credit control role within a busy office environment. Qualification or part qualification in credit control and debt management or a related accounting discipline a distinct advantage
- Must be highly numerate and accurate with strong attention to detail
- Tenacious, presentable, assertive and self-motivated
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with professional telephone manner
- Conscientious and highly focussed, with a sound understanding of credit control procedures
- Experience of using computer based accounting systems similar to Microsoft GP Dynamics.
- Able to work to tight deadlines and manage time effectively
- Good skills in Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, and Outlook) including V-lookups.
BNP Paribas Real Estate is proud to be an inclusive employer, as recognised by our RICS Inclusive Employer status and the Stonewall Equality Index.