Accounts Payable Specialist
BNP Paribas is a leading European bank with an international reach. It has a presence in 72 countries, with more than 202,000 Employees – including more than 154,000 in Europe and over 5,000 in Portugal alone.
BNP Paribas is present in Portugal since 1985, having been one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, BNP Paribas has several entities operating directly in this territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
Worldwide, the Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporate and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance.
BNP Paribas has engaged on a transformation of Group Finance operating model and decided to create a European Finance Operations Center in Lisbon.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As a Accounts Payable Specialist in Group Strategic Sourcing Services, your key tasks are to:
- Treatment of accounting documents (invoices, expense claims, credit notes,…)
- Ensure correct booking of invoices (General Ledger Account, VAT rate, Cost Center) and compliant handling of invoices received in line with the instructions;
- Identify, complete and request missing information to the business lines to ensure the correct booking of invoices
- Creation of Purchase Orders and Good receipts in SAP and ensure correct upload of all information
- Analyse and communicate discrepancy between purchase orders and invoices
- Perform controls in line with corporate procedures
- Master’s degree or equivalent by experience in Accounting/Economics/Business Management
- At least 2 years of relevant experience as Accounts Payable Officer or a similar role;
- Experience in use of MS Office applications and ERP system application (SAP preferred)
- Knowledge of expense note processes is a plus (Concur tool)
- Ability to work under tight deadlines with flexible schedules and with international locations
- Organizational skills and good attention to detail
- Strong team spirit
- Good communication skills (spoken & written), proactive attitude and problem solving skills
- Fluent in English (minimum B2 Level, CECRL certificate),
- French is a plus
Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.