Accounts Payable Manager - Birmingham
The role of Accounts Payable Manager will be responsible for the smooth running of the Accounts Payable function as well as playing a key role in the wider finance team.
The role holder will be responsible for making accurate payments to all creditors within the agreed timescales. The expectation is that this role works not only with the finance team but also with the wider business on improving the overall payment process. The Accounts Payable Manager will be expected to introduce appropriate improvements to the accounts payable governance processes.
This role is ideal for someone who has strong team leadership skills and requires both technical expertise and excellent communication skills. The preferred candidate will have experience of managing an accounts payable team within a large organisation and be experienced in implementing and managing workflow solutions.
- Manage and improve process and service delivery
- Manage the relationship and service delivery with the external invoice scanning provider
- Ensure all invoices are processed accurately and on time
- Ensure that all invoice queries are actioned within 24 hours,
- Ensure supplier statements reconciliations are performed, agree the process and implement within the team
- Ensure the team are processing invoices and making payments to the agreed business process
- Identify and arrange training for team members
- Ensure the Accounts Payable team’s performance is monitored by ensuring that no backlogs occur
- Ensure value tax receipts are obtained in follow-up to payment of pro-forma invoices / applications
- Adhere to all agreed procedures and controls
- Participate in the company’s performance management programme, adhering to and promoting internal performance standards.
GCSE level education or equivalent
Previous experience of managing a high performing team
- Experience in a purchase ledger / property accounts administration role within a busy office environment.
- Must be highly numerate and accurate with strong attention to detail and good verbal and written communication skills.
- Conscientious and highly focussed, with practical office experience and common sense.
- Experience of using computer based accounting systems, ideally Trace Tramps, or similar packages such as Yardi Propware / Voyager, Qube Horizon.
- Able to work to tight deadlines and manage time effectively
- Good skills in Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, and Outlook)
- Understanding of accounting techniques including purchase ledger transactions would be an advantage.
BNP Paribas Real Estate is proud to be an inclusive employer, as recognised by our RICS Inclusive Employer status and the Stonewall Equality Index.