The position is within Accounts Payable department in the Regional North America platform located in Montreal, under the supervision of the Head of department. Our main internal clients are located in New York and in Canada.
MISSION AND OBJECTIVES
The AP Analyst is responsible for the day-to-day operations, vendor invoice payments and expense claim reimbursements. He/she responds for controls related to vendor master file maintenance and vendor review within OFAC lists.
The analyst is the main contact for Canada operations including specific invoice processes, tax related matters and Swift payment details. He/she collets information and prepare reporting for AP US unclaimed property process.
He/she offer user support for Basware and Concur and assist manager in various AP automation projects.
Vendor master file, invoice process, payments and T&E reimbursement - Canada:
• Document and create procedures to control vendor and employee creation/maintenance, invoice process in Basware, payment by check or wire and T&E reimbursements
• Ensure timely payment of Canada Basware invoices to avoid late fees, coordinate with all involved teams urgent processes
• Print out checks and reconcile check runs
• Print check registers, extract Posipay report from SAP and send to Canada Clearing
• Run OFAC Filters (review or waive based on segregation of duties)
• Prepare and route proper documentation for Canada electronic payments, obtain proper authorization prior to payment of invoices through wire transfer,
• Bi-Weekly review of T&E Canada reports before submission to HR
• Review ISPL procedures related to vendor creation/maintenance, invoice process, T&E reimbursement
• Maintain procedures up to date, log and document controls
Invoice process and payments - US operations:
• Process in SAP payment files validated in Ty Metrix (Legal) and CAS (Soft dollar accounts) systems
• Communicate and follow-up on any issues related to Ty Metrix and CAS processes
• Print US checks using Secure 32 application, extract Posipay reports and submit to NY Payments
• Coordinate urgent processes and off-cycle check runs in Montreal and New Jersey
• Run US OFAC Filters for vendor payments and create cases if necessary (review or waive based on segregation of duties)
• Coordinate with ISPL any TPRM requests related to vendor block
• Coordinate with NA Travel exit process; block/unblock employees SAP accounts
• Complete and review AP abandoned property records in compliance with Abandoned Property Reporting procedure
• Review AP outstanding payable monthly report, aging and support documentation and submit in Beacon
• Prepare and coordinate posting of US payment schedule in US Echonet
• Document audit trails for any incidents
BasWare and Concur user support
• Offer BasWare user support level one to Technical Validators and Approvers for US and Canada
• Maintain Basware grids in BasWare Data maintenance (as a backup to BasWare user support level one team). Review grids bi-yearly or upon request
• Coordinate communications related to BasWare updates
• Offer Concur expense user support
• Opens RTs for any issues or coordinate with ISPL communication related to RTS tickets
• Assist with various tasks related Oyster projects (Invoice centralization and OCR testing, SAP to Connexis Cash, SAP Multicurrency, Secure 32 automation, Canada direct deposit)
• Investigate Accounts Payable Open Items, coordinate communication and follow-up
• Assist with inquiries directed to group mailbox or over the phone
• Provide Backup for US and Canada operations during team members’ vacation
• Should complete the review 1099/1042 tax reporting with help of ISPL Team
• Highlight the issues observed during the reporting and resolving the same with proper documentation and coordination with Tax Team
• Adhering to timelines given to complete and submit tax reports.
• Provide support to his/her manager for any question related to AP escalation, production tasks and/or project
• Observe the bank’s policies and procedures
• Assist Business Groups in any escalations and issues
• Ensure internal client satisfaction and shared relevant KPI in order to measure progress in the invoice lifecycle.
TRAINING AND OCCUPATIONAL EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s Degree from a reputable university
• Working knowledge and understanding of accounting principles,
• Getting an experience in Accounts Payable team for more than 6 years
• US tax experience acquired during working experience or education : IRS tax forms collection (W9, W8),1099/1042 filing experience and US unclaimed property
• Experience with SAP system is desirable and/or ERP standard AP systems (Basware, Concur, swift,….)
ESSENTIAL SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS
• Bilingual : English and French
• Knowledge of Connexis or cash payment tool
• Excel skills (including pivot tables and most common Excel functions)
• Effective analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS
• Autonomous and capability to work in a diverse team in a context of strict deadline and in an international environment
• Ability to learn new systems and products quickly
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, and fluent in French and in English
• Commitment, rigorous in his job and flexible in order to commit deadlines
• Self-starter and team player, able to work independently and collaboratively with various teams in an international environment
• Able to optimize processes
A recruitment policy that promotes equity and diversity:
Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
We pride ourselves in applying non-discrimination rules to all our recruitments.
We will only contact the candidates selected who meet the job requirements in terms of training and experience.
About BNP Paribas
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 73 countries, with more than 195,000 employees, including more than 148,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance. In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the leader in consumer lending. BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail-banking model in Mediterranean countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
About BNP Paribas in Canada
In Canada, BNP Paribas is one of the dominant foreign banks in the country and is committed to building its platform even further. Since becoming the operational hub for the Group’s activities in North America in 2013, it has grown significantly to reach more than 700 employees and is expected to continue growing in the coming years. With the continued development of technology and financial fields, BNP Paribas Canada continues to attract experts with diverse backgrounds as well as young and ambitious talent from across the globe. With the international mobility and capacity that very few companies can offer, BNP Paribas prides itself in providing a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow.