Accounting Reconciliation Trainee
BNP Paribas is a leading European bank with an international reach. It has a presence in 73 countries, with more than 192,000 employees – including more than 146,000 in Europe and over 4,000 in Portugal alone.
BNP Paribas is present in Portugal since 1985, having been one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, BNP Paribas has several entities operating directly in this territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
Worldwide, the Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporate and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance
Recently BNP Paribas established a European finance operations centre in Lisbon and part of the Group Finance function. Group Finance Services (GFS) is responsible for compiling and processing accounting and financial information in order to ensure the publication of financial information and to provide Executive Management with the necessary information for the entire Group’s financial management.
Within GFS, the Accounting Control team has the objective to improve the quality of accounting data and participate to the internal accounting control process, working closely with the Paris Accounting Control team (C&CF) and Back Offices.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Within Intra-group team, that is responsible for the intra-group reconciliations for the Group consolidation and French statuary financial statements, in close relationship with worldwide entities and business lines, you will contribute to:
- Produce synthesis on intra-group reconciliation for quarterly closing to be communicated to business lines and to the accounting group consolidation team based in Paris
- Analyse and manage complex transactions (eg. derivatives) with Group Norms department
- Coordinate and contribute to the reconciliation process of intra-group operations
- Evaluate the potential impact of intra-group operations on Group Financial statements
- Continuous process improvements
- Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business
- Understanding of banking accounting and international accounting framework (IFRS standard)
- Knowledge in financial products (specific accounting issues as securities temporary disposal, derivatives, commitments) is a plus
- Fluent in English (minimum B2 Level, CECRL certificate)
- Capacity for analytical and problem solving
- Rigorous and organised
- Ability to work with international locations
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Access)
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.