Accounting and Financial Specialist
- Prepare and send regulatory reports, ensuring in them review controls, quality of information, timeliness and periodicity thereof, according to the regulators instructions and the control procedures defined by the entity.
- Prepare and present to the regulators the standard accounting financial information according to the regimes applicable to the entity and under the responsibility of Finance, framed in a rigorous control environment that allows the generation of information with the opportunity and quality required by the rules.
- Analyze the information to be reported to the regulators and maintain the tracking of the indicators, contributing the explanations that support the main variations of the indicators of the entity.
- Provide periodic reports to the CFO and risk areas on compliance with the limits applicable to the entity.
- Maintain updated procedures manuals related to Finance and regulatory reports, both in the design of the procedures and in the updating of the regulation that technically governs the elaboration of the reports, in accordance with the policies on process documentation of BNP Paribas.
- Perform user acceptance tests and give the first level sign-off on changes to reporting systems and information structures related to local regulatory information requirements. Assist with the implementation of the new Regulatory Reporting tool and with the continuing automation effort.
- Maintain a control of recurrent regulatory update in the subjects under its responsibility and communicate such updates to all the sub-areas of Finance & Tax.
- Participate in bank examinations and internal and external audits.
- Identify, escalate and remediate data quality issues.
- Perform research on changes on new regulatory reporting requirements and accounting standards and its impact to the group’s reporting.
- Establish and maintain communication with the Financial Reporting Group, the Project Office Group, and the Control & Reconciliation Group and ensure that regulatory reporting requirements are properly addressed on all levels of system and procedural changes, including the introduction of new bank products.
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Minimum of 5-7 years’ experience in Financial Reporting, Bank Accounting, Regulatory Reporting or equivalent functions
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required
- Strong regulatory & financial reporting knowledge in banking/financial institutions
- Knowledge in bank products (Derivatives, Fixed Income and Repos)
- Knowledge of Mexican GAAP and IFRS including recent pronouncements
- Ability to work in a fast-past environment
- Strong analytical and communication skills, fluent in Spanish and English
- Proficient in working with Microsoft Office tools, i.e., Power Point, Excel
- Master degree in Accounting or Finance
Primary Location: MX-DIF-Miguel HidalgoJob Type: Standard / PermanentJob: FINANCE ACCOUNTS ET MANAGEMENT CONTROLExperience Level: At least 7 yearsSchedule: Full-time Behavioural competency: Ability to collaborate / TeamworkTransversal competency: Analytical Ability