Responsible for all department processing functions such as data entry of accruals, reclassifications, allocations and daily settlement. Additional responsibilities include daily wires, quality assurance, credit balance refund/balance transfer checks, payment postings and NSF Checks.
- Performs data entry functions for credit card department.
- Conducts quality assurance checks on previous day’s work flow to ensure accuracy and compliance to bank guidelines.
- Assists with research and resolution of General ledger and other accounting discrepancies in accordance with Bank and Association guidelines.
- Responds to branch inquiries.
- Performs validation of daily check dispersal to cardholders for credit balance refunds, balance transfers, etc.
- Performs dialy check posting of payments, convenience checks, etc.
- Cross-training to support other functions with the unit.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Maintains a working knowledge of standard, procedures, and technical operations in department
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred
- Excellent analytical, attention to detail and multi-tasking skills.
- Good telephone an customer service skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Good PC Skills.
- Flexible and willing to adapt to changing environment.
- Basic knowledge of credit/debit card operations environment preferred.
- Basic knowledge of accounting or finance principles required.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.