At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Responsible for all department processing functions such as
data entry of accruals, reclassifications, allocations and daily
settlement. Additional responsibilities
include daily wires, quality assurance, credit balance refund/balance transfer
checks, payment postings and NSF Checks.
- Performs data entry functions for credit card
- Conducts quality assurance checks on previous
day’s work flow to ensure accuracy and compliance to bank guidelines.
- Assists with research and resolution of General
ledger and other accounting discrepancies in accordance with Bank and
- Responds to branch inquiries.
- Performs validation of daily check dispersal to
cardholders for credit balance refunds, balance transfers, etc.
- Performs dialy check posting of payments,
convenience checks, etc.
- Cross-training to support other functions with
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Maintains a working knowledge of standard, procedures, and technical operations in department
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred
- Excellent analytical, attention to detail and multi-tasking skills.
- Good telephone an customer service skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Good PC Skills.
- Flexible and willing to adapt to changing environment.
- Basic knowledge of credit/debit card operations environment preferred.
- Basic knowledge of accounting or finance principles required.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-Nebraska-OmahaJob Type: Full-timeJob: Accounting Finance