At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Specialized Accounting Operations is part of the
Financial Controller’s group that is leading centralization of accounting
functions throughout the bank. This diverse collection of corporate
accounting responsibilities includes consumer banking as well as corporate
functions, enabling our team members to gain a broad view of the financial
functions of the bank while partnering with many of our internal
customers. Critical thinking, creativity, communication and a strong
knowledge of GAAP and financial controls are important as we continue to
streamline processes.Job Description Summary
Responsible for departmental tasks which may include: balancing various accounting systems (such as the Advance Loan Dealer Sub System, Advance Loan System and/or the Leasemaster system), performing system certifications, creating reports to submit to management, preparing operating account check disbursements and reconciliation, expense report and invoice tracking, auditing clearing firm clearing statements, handling commission research issues as assigned, preparing and processing dealer or vendor invoices and statements and lease tax processing. Responsible for creating daily reconciliation reports, researches and resolves reconciliation issues and performs other special projects for submission to management. Ensures quality customer service by performing all duties accurately and in compliance with Bank regulations.Essential Job Functions
Other Job Duties
- Accurately balances various accounting systems (such as ALS, ALS Dealer Sub System, or Leasemaster).
- Balance and reconcile General Ledger activity. Handles journal entries and researches discrepancies.
- Perform general ledger certifications.
- Create and distribute appropriate departmental reports, statements and invoices.
- Resolves moderate to complex reconciliation and general ledger certification issues.
- Provides training to other staff as needed. Enters and looks up data on various loan/line/lease computer systems.
- Types various documents and performs basic calculations.
- Prepares operating account check disbursements and reconciliation.
- Maintains a working knowledge of standard, procedures, and technical operations in department.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires broad theoretical job knowledge typically obtained through advanced education.
- Requires less than 2 years prior relevant experience.
- Associate's Degree Accounting or Finance
- Bachelor's Degree
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- Type at least 35 wpm.
- Proficient on 10-key adding machine.
- Analytical and organizational skills.
- Proficient Excel and Word programs.
- Operate office equipment.
- Proficient data input skills.
- Proven ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to multi-task and work in fast paced environment.
- Demonstrated proficiency at issue identification and communication to management.
- Proven ability to perform research and resolve moderate to complex issues.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-Arizona-TempeJob Type: Full-timeJob: Accounting Finance