About the job
- Within BNP Paribas CIB Global Markets, BNP Paribas' GECD business encompasses Research, Structuring, Trading and Sales of Equity, Index and Fund Derivatives. With over 2,100 front-office staff across five core platforms, the business is active both on the primary and secondary markets. Equity Derivatives solutions address the various needs of corporate and retail clients as well as financial institutions and hedge funds in over 60 countries worldwide
- Finance Arbitrage team is a business dedicated Finance, serving all Arbitrage businesses including a multi-entities approach via its SLA towards other entities of the Group. It is composed of 5 departments: 4 Productions Services (Operations Accounting Control, P&L control, Accounting & Reporting, Performance Management); 2 Transformation Teams (Projects and TAC-NAC; OFS Study)
- Finance Arbitrage “Operations Accounting Control” team is in charge of ensuring the reliability, sincerity, integrity and the exhaustiveness of the accounting delivered by the upstreams chains (Front to Back) & organisation (Operations – Back and Middle)
Your Main Activities Are
- Ensure the accounting control level one on a dedicated perimeter of products within your team
- Ensure proper justification on all accounting control, among which: Reconciliation with Ops data inventory; Reconciliation of sensitive accounts
- Analyse breaks and operational or financial risks
- Monitoring & follow-up of discrepancies resolution
- Synthetize the closing files with the result of all controls for management, level 2 control, and others partners
- Ensure a good collaboration with all partners and animate the relation by anticipating any know issues (pre-closing); ensure fluid communication during closing period; formalize issues and present them in order to avoid them next time (post-closing)
- Alerts and escalations to the management if needed
- Contribute to continuous improvement of the control set-up and ensure permanent evolutions are realized in order to avoid manual adjustment
- Formalization of team procedures and operating guides
- Participation of training and coaching for new joiners
- Formalization of on-boarding materials
- Active participation in management and department staff meetings
- Contribution or projects lead related to the efficiency of the processes and systems
- Proposition of new developments or improvement in the existing chain in order to secure the processes and reduce the operational risk
- Contribute to Finance Arbitrage major project - replacement of the current General Ledger CODA with the Group Ledger OFS – and assist on other Business & regulatory projects
- Contribute to OFS project during the different phases: requirements/testing/shadow production/controls
- Participate to the training on the new tools and processes with OFS
- Assist and control on Other Business & Regulatory projects in collaboration with the project team: participation to requirements/testing/specific control post migration or go-live
Profile and Skills to Success
- Strong academic background with specialization in finance
- Minimum 3 years of financial, banking or custody industry experience with an emphasis in Finance and / or Operations management
- Fluency in English
- Accounting skills mastered
- Significant knowledge of financial markets and products with emphasis on Equity Derivatives & Commodities
- Proficiency in computer skills, particularly in the use of Microsoft Office Pack, Excel
- Controls oriented profile with strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Proactive, motivated and willing to absorb new concepts, organization and Information System in a challenging environment
- Rigorous, well-organized, autonomous with a structured and logical approach
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills with ability to synthetize
- Ability to perform multiple tasks and meet established deadlines in a fast pace work environment
- Team spirit
- RFA, Oracle, Discover, Pearl, MATISSE, Digital work space
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history. It has a presence in 65 countries, with around 190 000 Employees – including more than 145 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7.100 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions:
- Retail Banking, a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialised business lines;
- Investment & Protection Services that include specialised businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services;
- Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional clients.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
· Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
· Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment. To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.