Accounting Analyst - Transversal Team
Vice-president – Transversal Team
MISSION AND OBJECTIVES
• Analyst of the Transversal team will be primarily responsible to onboard manual processes and transversal topics performed by the other production teams from the Finance Regional Group platform. They should also contribute in streamling these processes with the help of Finance Project Office and facilitate the Finance Industrialization model of such processes.
• Will also be responsible to perform activities required for the month end closing related to processes under the responsibility of the Finance Regional Group platform.
Projects, Systems Support, Operational Process Improvements
• Assist in identifying operational process improvements in production, control procedures, and workflow organization to increase the platform’s efficiency and effectiveness. Also assist in integrating and streamlining the processes under the team’s responsibility.
• Oversee the update of static data (tables, parameters, allocations) and user maintenance for the tools/systems under the team’s responsibility
• In partnership with the Finance Project Office team, contributes to the standardization/harmonization of best practices across the general ledger and operational platforms.
• Oversee the tools supporting the general ledgers, as well as front/back office processing systems upstream/downstream to the platform that are under the team’s responsibility
Accounting & Control Functions
Performed day-to-day operations of team by:
• Performed the collection, processing and reporting of revenue and transaction volume information for all business lines transacting business in the North American territories
• Oversee the monthly, quarterly, and annual closings of the various general ledgers for various back office processing systems
• Performed manual entries and ensure the reconciliation of the results to the financial ledgers
• Observe of the bank’s policies and procedures
• Assist in any special project or request as directed by management.
Training and occupational experience
• Accounting degree from a reputable university. Graduate degree and/or CPA/Chartered Accountant designation desirable.
• Minimum 3-5 years of experience in at least several of the following corporate and/or line of business disciplines preferably within a corporate banking company: financial accounting and control, financial planning and analysis, management reporting, audit (internal/external), compliance and risk management positions
Essential specific requirements
• Working knowledge and understanding of generally accepted accounting principles, both in IFRS and US GAAP (an asset) as well as regulatory and tax accounting rules and regulations ( an asset).
• Excellent Excel skills (including pivot tables, VLOOKUP, SUMIF).
• Ability to learn new systems and products quickly.
Skills and behaviours
• Project management skills
• Effective analytical, and problem-solving skills.
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Self-starter and team player, able to work independently and collaboratively with various teams in a deadline-focused environment
• Maturity, professional standing, strong interpersonal communication skills and presentation skills
• Ability to work collaboratively with relevant teams; strong planning and organizational skills
• Understanding of system requirements and capabilities to ensure appropriate controls and operational processes
A recruitment policy that promotes equity and diversity:
Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
We pride ourselves in applying non-discrimination rules to all our recruitments.
We will only contact the candidates selected who meet the job requirements in terms of training and experience.
About BNP Paribas
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 73 countries, with more than 195,000 employees, including more than 148,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance. In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the leader in consumer lending. BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail-banking model in Mediterranean countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
About BNP Paribas in Canada
In Canada, BNP Paribas is one of the dominant foreign banks in the country and is committed to building its platform even further. Since becoming the operational hub for the Group’s activities in North America in 2013, it has grown significantly to reach more than 700 employees and is expected to continue growing in the coming years. With the continued development of technology and financial fields, BNP Paribas Canada continues to attract experts with diverse backgrounds as well as young and ambitious talent from across the globe. With the international mobility and capacity that very few companies can offer, BNP Paribas prides itself in providing a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow.