Your Main Activities Are
- Operate processes allowing the measurement of Financial Risks relating to key accounting controls (notably sensitive account control, BO/Accounting reconciliations, BO/ external reconciliation including nostri, account substantiation, among others)
- Analyse the results of the abovementioned controls in order to challenge them and summarize the key risks associated to them
- Analyse the results of the sub-certification process related to business and accounting activities
- Assess if provisions proposed by 1st line of defense are in line with the level of the risks which were assessed
- Operate transversal accounting controls
- Report and participate to the decision-making process through
- Reporting and quarterly synthesis to the related perimeters and to the management
- Provide to entity’s 2nd Line of Defense a synthesis of the risk assessment through certification process and dedicated presentations
- Participate to the remediation on the key accounting control issues
Profile and Skills to Success
- Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Bank
- Professional experience: up to 4 years of experience in external or internal audit or control department
- Analytical skills, organizational capacities, rigour and deadlines respect
- Communication skills (good relational capacities, teamwork and adaptability)
- Working experience in an international environment appreciated
- Fluency in English, both oral & written; French is a plus
- Good Knowledge of Financial and Management Accounting
- Good Knowledge of Capital Market activities & Financial instruments
- Working knowledge and understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, both in IFRS and French GAAP (an asset)
- Effective analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Self-starter and team player, able to work independently and collaboratively with various teams in a deadline-focused environment
- Must be comfortable with and adaptable to change. Confident with learning new tools and technologies. We work in an innovative fast growth environment where products and process evolve rapidly
- Ability to work effectively in a highly demanding environment with multiple competing priorities both independently and as part of a team
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history. It has a presence in 65 countries, with around 190 000 Employees – including more than 145 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7.100 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions:
- Retail Banking, a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialised business lines;
- Investment & Protection Services that include specialised businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services;
- Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional clients.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
· Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
· Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment. To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.