Head of Financial Accounting and Reporting
MISSION AND OBJECTIVES
The analysts is responsible for the day-to-day maintenance and control of the general ledgers for the entities and products under their responsibility. When applicable, they coordinate investigations, review of ledgers and potential accounting adjustments with the operations and reporting teams that they support.
Accounting & Control Functions
• Perform month-end financial closing for their entities
• Enforce controls and ensure that balance sheets are in balance; prepare balance sheet reconciliation schedules
• Review ledgers, perform accounting entries and transaction analysis for a set of entities. Activities/entities are allocated in accordance with the accountant’s experience and the complexity/volume of transactions recorded by the entity. Activities include:
- Working with Operations to ensure the accurate reporting at deal-level or portfolio-level
- Performing second level review of the operational reconciliations performed by the back offices
- Preparing the transaction and revenue allocation by profit center for performance management purposes.
• Provide assistance in responding to questions from the Client Service Team, Operations, reporting teams and other by :
- Ensuring prompt resolution and follow-up of questions / requests for information
- Escalating problems / issues to the platform head
- Providing quality service to other teams / groups
Projects, Systems Support, Operational Process Improvements
• Assist the Head of Financial Reporting and Accounting in various analysis and presentations.
• Assist in identifying operational process improvements in production, control procedures, and workflow organization to increase the team’s efficiency and effectiveness. Also assist in integrating and streamlining the reports under the team’s responsibility.
• Observe the bank’s policies and procedures
• Provide reporting coverage by learning the reports, tasks and requirements of the person they are backing up and training his back-up on the preparation of the report and tasks under his responsibility
• Assist in any special project or request as directed by management
TRAINING AND OCCUPATIONAL EXPERIENCE
• Accounting degree from a reputable university. CPA or similar designation (or in progress).
• 2-3 years’ experience in similar role
• Knowledge of Excel skills
• Ability to learn new systems and products quickly
• Effective analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, in French and English
• Professional posture to develop and maintain key relationships with the business lines and back office transactional contacts
• Self-starter and team player, able to work independently and collaboratively with various teams in a deadline-focused environment
A recruitment policy that promotes equity and diversity:
Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
We pride ourselves in applying non-discrimination rules to all our recruitments.
We will only contact the candidates selected who meet the job requirements in terms of training and experience.
About BNP Paribas
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 73 countries, with more than 195,000 employees, including more than 148,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance. In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the leader in consumer lending. BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail-banking model in Mediterranean countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
About BNP Paribas in Canada
In Canada, BNP Paribas is one of the dominant foreign banks in the country and is committed to building its platform even further. Since becoming the operational hub for the Group’s activities in North America in 2013, it has grown significantly to reach more than 700 employees and is expected to continue growing in the coming years. With the continued development of technology and financial fields, BNP Paribas Canada continues to attract experts with diverse backgrounds as well as young and ambitious talent from across the globe. With the international mobility and capacity that very few companies can offer, BNP Paribas prides itself in providing a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow.