- Middle Office forms part of the Asset & Fund Services division of BNP Paribas Securities Services, supporting a variety of assets classes including equities, fixed income, foreign exchange, cash, listed derivatives and OTC derivatives.
- Middle Office exists to provide administration activities which support our clients start of day position. This includes trade matching, instructing settlement, managing cash flows, reconciliation and reporting.
- Oversight of offshored teams and day-to-day interaction with clients
- Change implementation including on-boarding new business, changes to existing processes to meet client requirements, self-generated process enhancements and the creation and implementation of new services.
- This role is responsible for maintaining good working relationships with each of our internal partners which include transitions, fund accounting, performance and compliance, client service management, IT and other key teams & process owners within the custodial environment.
- Middle Office Account Managers are allocated their own client base, are accountable for the ongoing relationships with their respective clients, and the provision of exceptional client service to their relevant support personnel.
Expectations of Candidates
Client Service Delivery and Relationship Development
- Oversight of matching
across a range of products, including equities, fixed income securities and
foreign exchange, ensuring internal and market deadlines are met and in line
with Service Level Agreements.
- Ensuring a timely and
professional response to client queries via email and phone.
- Building strong
collaborative relationships with clients, brokers and other external third
- Develop a deep
understanding of assigned client including but not limited to their specific
operating models by product, key KPI’s and their key objective as an Investment
- Update and maintain client
profile / BOW (Book of Work) of each client, including key personnel, key
clients, specialised systems requirements, RAG rating, Issues, etc.
- In conjunction with Senior
Manager and Business Head, meet with clients from time to time including social
- Professional and courteous
communication at all times, representing BNPP to required standards.
- Reporting of all issues
into the client log and taking ownership of finding a resolution
- Escalate all issues that
cannot be resolved by the AM team and liaise with the CSMs and RM if required
- Delivery of core client
service activities including timely responses to all client communication, system
issues and urgent requests
- Delivery of core client
service activities to secondary client base during leave of absence.
- The successful candidate will be self-motivated and will demonstrate a pro-active approach and team orientated mindset, taking ownership of tasks and issues.
- Be a subject matter expert in your team, offering support and guidance to others.
- Ensuring all issues are escalated internally effectively in a timely manner, identifying all key information.
- Assist with testing of system changes and enhancements.
- Assisting the RMs and CSMs as and when required.
- Coverage of core administrative duties during leave of absence
- Adhering to the risk and control framework, including the maintenance and update of internal procedures.
- Accuracy – focusing on getting it right first time.
- Take ownership of all aspects of risk associated with the client, including unmatched and failed trades, service issues with regulatory/compliance implications, check lists, KPI misses and any known gaps in our service delivery.
- Develop an awareness and understanding of the Regulatory and Compliance requirements for dealing with our clients, and ensure that Account Managers processes comply at all times.
- Escalate all risks and concerns quickly to your Senior Account Manager with the view to engage the relevant RM / CSM as required.
Client Service Enhancement
Performance of regular client calls/visits including publishing written
agendas, post meeting minutes and outstanding
action items, regular reporting of progress and follow up actions;
Analyse key trends with the
client, including identification of process and service delivery issues and
Undertake on site or
telephone based client training as required
Propose new ideas to
improve the products and services of the BNPP Middle Office offering.
New Client Adoption
- Work closely with Middle Office Management and the RM to ensure seamless adoption of new clients to BNPP.
- Initial relationship development with key personnel.
- Delivery of relevant tasks related to the client onboarding checklist administered by the Transitions team.
- Client training as required.
- Take an innovative approach and challenge status quo.
- Generate ideas for improvements to systems and processes.
- Involvement in the implementation of new processes and controls to support new business, client change requests and/or new services.
Competencies (Technical / Behavioural)
- Teamwork - Listen and responds constructively to other team members’ ideas. Builds strong partnerships across the firm and externally to help achieve results for the firm and client alike.
- Creativity and Innovation – takes a different perspective to a problem and goes beyond the existing frameworks suggesting new ideas which are suitable for their clients;
- Client Focus – Demonstrates an understanding of excellent client service and understands the issues facing their client;
- Accountability - committed to achieving the organisation's objectives. Demonstrates perseverance and is accountable for own actions.
- Attention to detail - ensures accuracy and implements processes to ensure quality of output. Ensures high personal standards in all areas of work.
- Communication - Oral: expressing ideas effectively in individual and group situations. Adjusting communication style to match the needs of the audience. Written: expressing ideas clearly in all written documents. Using professional, appropriate language at all times, and adhering to the use of the BNPP Email Protocols.
- Team orientation - works with the team and the broader organisation towards shared goals and treats all colleagues and clients as partners
- Planning & execution - establishes courses of action for self and others to ensure work is completed efficiently. Effectively manages own time and resources to meet deadlines and quality standards
Specific Qualifications Required
- Degree education – preferable commerce and finance.
- Four years plus experience in one or more of the required product areas – Asia Pacific and Global markets experience Ideal
- Knowledge of Omgeo CTM for matching, Alert database, Markitwire and DTCC platforms.
- Knowledge of Swift, the various Swift messages and their purpose.
Technical skills –
- In-depth knowledge of the fixed income, equities, foreign exchange, ETDs , OTCs,cash & FX markets and associated asset classes
- In-depth knowledge of Omgeo CTM for fixed income and equities market.
- In-depth knowledge of generic broker dealer, investment manager and custodian payments processing and systems
Systems knowledge -
- Omgeo CTM (Preferable)
- Alert (Preferable)
- Hi-Portfolio (Preferable)
- MS Word and Excel (intermediary/expert)
- DS Match / DTCC
Primary Location: AU-NSW-SydneyJob Type: Standard / PermanentJob: CUSTOMER RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENTEducation Level: Other Degrees / Certifications / Vocational, Technical or Professional QualificationsExperience Level: At least 3 years