Account Manager for International Prime Brokerage
BNP Paribas is a leading European bank with an international reach. It has a presence in 72 countries, with more than 202,000 Employees – including more than 154,000 in Europe and over 5,000 in Portugal alone.
BNP Paribas is present in Portugal since 1985, having been one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, BNP Paribas has several entities operating directly in this territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
Worldwide, the Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporate and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance.
Prime Brokerage (PB) business is part of Prime Solution and Financing, one of the Global Markets business lines, aiming to provide a combined offer, a hedge fund one-stop shopping for brokerage and banking products with a concierge service to clear, settle, and manage collateral requirements. These services include: securities settlement, custody, listed derivatives clearing, OTC, securities lending, cash funding, risk calculation and margin financing, integrated reporting, portfolio accounting, corporate action management and order management.
In the course of International Prime Brokerage (IPB) activities, our transversal analyst/associates are focused on transversal aspects of custody related to the risk and controls framework. BNP Paribas London Branch is subject to UK client asset protection (CASS) and AMF custody rules (derived from MiFID). Consequently, risk management has become a key part of our operational activities and requires a daily dedicated and centralized attention, ensuring operations are fully compliant by reviewing and consolidate periodically management information and controls.
ROLE AND RESPONSABILITIES
- Investigation and comment of any outstanding items on a daily basis (cash, nostro…).
- Follow-up on breaks resolution, involving relevant teams when needed
- Partner contact point for finance team requests
- Process and control the custodian billing charges on a timely manner
- Oversight of the relationship with our custodians, including performing the yearly due diligence and network management reviews, being the contact point for operations and the business
- Oversight of the implementation of the regulations affecting the platform, being the contact point for operations
- Provide accurately the daily and monthly regulatory reports
- Be a strong contribution for clients' on boarding, with close collaboration with sales, front office and IT teams
- Update and maintain procedures and propose changes/improvements when appropriate
- Ad-hoc projects when required
- Prepare and maintain any material/documentation establish standard
- Ability to interact confidently with senior management and clients on a face-to-face basis
- Keep meetings tracker and hand over notes whenever applicable
- Deep understanding of UK CASS and AMF custody rules (derived from MiFID)
- Contribute in all control plan protocols according to the local operational risk policies
- Required level of education: Bachelor Degree
- Required level of experience: Up to 2 years
- English Level B1-B2. French knowledge is a plus
- Global Markets knowledge and an understanding of the hedge fund industry
- Knowledge of the processes involved in the operations lifecycle, due diligence and KYC
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work under pressure and dynamic, evolving environment
- Show enthusiasm, initiative and diligence
- Strong team spirit, client focus mind-set and collaborative mind-set
- Rigorous and excellent organization skills
- Demonstrate strong time management/prioritization skills and solid judgment to meet deadlines/cut-offs
- Compliant with local guidance and conformity policies
- Proficiency in computer skills, particularly in the use of Microsoft Office Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.