Account Manager for Global Settlement
BNP Paribas is a leading European bank with an international reach. It has a presence in 72 countries, with more than 202,000 Employees – including more than 154,000 in Europe and over 5,000 in Portugal alone.
BNP Paribas is present in Portugal since 1985, having been one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, BNP Paribas has several entities operating directly in this territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
Worldwide, the Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporate and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Management of the activity
- Process client instructions by analysing, validating and implementing those instructions
- Check and monitor failed instructions and provide the correct update
- Detect and analyse errors or discrepancies and/or escalate them
- Identify and advise on any exceptional or irregular situations, and put in place corrective measures in line with management validation
- Manage email inboxes, phone calls and follow-up of requests
- Manage internal systems by monitoring and following up on issues
- Investigate and explore information by analysing the internal system information
- Extract the relevant information from the system and perform the reconciliation
- Draw up and deliver client presentations (when applicable)
- Verify documentation received and forward to relevant processing team (when applicable)
- Follow up on set-ups and fill the corresponding files/systems with relevant data
- Controls and procedures
- Confirm that the checklist tasks are done and updated in accordance with the client's specificities
- Review the internal procedures database and market updates
- Prepare and update procedures related to the activity in line with management validation
- Process the first level of repairs, rejections, cancellations and control
- Ensure client satisfaction
- Ensure that clients’ queries (internal and external) are dealt within a timely and adequate manner
- Provide all the information needed to inform clients and answer clients’ queries
- Provide information about investment markets and their procedures in relation to the services offered, and provide regular information to the client
- Send reports to clients in accordance with their specificities and requests
- Reports and KPIs (when applicable/requested)
- Extract reports
- Gather information and figures from the different operations and procedures, and report them to support the decision process (Wolferine)
- Set out statistics from the activity
- Participate in activities or projects relating to business development
- Respect the norms and standards of BNP Paribas Securities Services
- Perform tasks and/or participate in projects needed for the efficient achievement of BNP Paribas Securities Services objective
- Bachelor Degree: Economics/Finance/Law
- English mandatory (Fluent - Level C1/C2)
- French desirable (Advanced – Level B1/B2)
- Attention to detail/ rigor
- Ability to collaborate and team player
- Client focused
- Communication skills – oral & written
Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.