Your Main Activities Are
- Management of the activity
- Rigorous execution of the tasks included in the daily AM checklist
- Process repairs, rejections, cancellations and validations
- Process clients’ instructions (Manual or STP) throughout their lifecycle, since creation/capture until settlement
- Check and monitor pending/failed instructions and provide the correct update
- Detect and analyse errors or discrepancies and/or escalate them
- Identify and advise on any exceptional or irregular situations, and put in place corrective measures in line with management validation
- Manage email inboxes, phone calls and follow-up of requests
- Manage internal systems by monitoring and following up on issues
- Investigate and explore information by analysing the internal system information
- Extract the relevant information from the system and perform the reconciliation
- Draw up and deliver client presentations (when applicable)
- Verify documentation received and forward to relevant processing team (when applicable)
- Controls and procedures
- Confirm that the checklist tasks are done and updated in accordance with the client's specificities
- Check internal procedures database and market updates and act in accordance with its specificities
- Prepare and update procedures related to the activity in line with management validation
- Ensure client satisfaction
- Ensure that clients’ queries (internal and external) are dealt with in a timely and adequate manner
- Provide all the information needed to inform clients and answer clients’ queries
- Provide information about markets and their procedures in relation to the services offered, and provide regular information to the client
- Send reports to clients in accordance with their specificities and requests
- Know the activity and priorities of your clients
- Reports and KPIs (when applicable/requested)
- Extract reports
- Gather information and figures from the different operations and procedures, and report them to support the decision process
- Set out statistics from the activity
- Participate in activities or projects upon business needs/management requests.
- Respect the norms and standards of BNP Paribas Securities Services.
- Perform tasks and/or participate in projects needed for the efficient achievement of BNP Paribas Securities Services objectives
Profile and Skills to Success
- Bachelor Degree in Financial/Economics/Mathematics
- Up to 2 years of relevant professional experience
- Knowledge in Financial Markets it’s a plus
- Proficiency in English
- Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
- Attention to detail / rigor
- Creativity & Innovation / Problem solving
- Client focused
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history. It has a presence in 65 countries, with around 190 000 Employees – including more than 145 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7.100 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions:
- Retail Banking, a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialised business lines;
- Investment & Protection Services that include specialised businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services;
- Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional clients.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
· Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
· Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment. To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.