- Responsibility for the execution of trade instructions to market in a timely and correct manner on behalf of the Company’s clients
- Ensuring timely settlement of all trades in the market
- Ensuring systems are updated in a timely manner for all client and fund manager driven transactions
- Reconciliation of cash, transactions, pricing and units
- Sourcing and updating unit prices for unlisted assets
- Capturing and processing all periodic Corporate Action activities
- Fund set up with Fund managers and internal systems
- Trade execution
- Asset Service functions
- Pricing, distribution and corporate actions
- Vendor management
- Offshore oversight
- Business and market partnerships
- Senior management exposure
- Business support for function and systems
- Managed Funds standards of high skills, training, knowledge and professionalism
- Ensuring that staff and the bank have effective compliance and risk reviews and actions to mitigate risk to the firm
- Assisting with the strategic and tactical management of the Managed Funds operational functions to ensure alignment to global and local BNP Paribas operational models
- Ensuring compliance within BNP Paribas, local and global regulations and market standards
- Effective partnerships with the BNP Paribas departments domestically and globally
- Effective partnerships with the BNP Paribas vendors and market participants
- Assisting with the management, review and sign off of projects and transitional requirements
- Assisting with the management, review and sign off of any operational changes and developments
- Driving the business through competitive advantages, best practices, market standards and effective developments
- Effective escalation at all levels of the bank
- Contribute to the effective development and promotion of the BNP Paribas brand
- Providing information and MIS to assist management with strategical developments and planning
- Oversee the function and relationship of various parties in trading Managed Funds including Investment managers, fund accountants, unit registry, operational controllers, settlements etc.
- Ensure all internal and external deadlines are met with the highest levels of accuracy.
- Supervise and train staff to ensure a proactive and knowledgeable culture exists for fostering a positive environment in achieving the team goals
- Provide value added services for clients dealing in domestic and international managed investment schemes.
- Provide the client with exceptional service in all aspects of their dealing with the Managed Funds team
- Manage efficiently the production cycles for the Managed Funds functions which include Unlisted Unit Trusts, SICAV’s, Mutual Funds and hedge Funds
- Provide optimal risk measures for security and valuation reconciliations
Qualifications & Experience required for the role:
Minimum of 10 years work related experience in the financial services industry.
Understanding market and regulatory requirements
Investment and fund operations
Current and future product requirements
Platforms and systems (accounting, custody and pricing)
Custody and treasury operational requirements
Accounting treatment and developments
Tax understanding and reporting
A minimum of two years’ experience in Managing staff
Having a degree qualified in Business, Accounting or related discipline; or relevant work experience in a similar role would be highly regarded
Having market related qualifications such as CPA, CFA or FINSIA qualifications would be highly regarded
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel & Word
- MS Word & Excel
Core Competencies required for the role:
Accountability - Committed to achieving the organization’s objectives. Demonstrates perseverance and is accountable for own actions.
Attention to detail - Ensures accuracy and implements processes to ensure quality of output. Ensures high personal standards in all areas of work.
Communication - Oral: Expressing ideas effectively in individual and group situations. Adjusting communication style to match the needs of the audience. Written: Expressing ideas clearly in all written documents. Using professional, appropriate language at all times, and adhering to the use of the BNPP Email Protocols.
Excellence - Results driven, committed to achieve consistently high standards in people, products and service that will make us the provider of choice for clients, and deliver returns for shareholders
Innovation - Proactively looks for opportunities for continuous improvement and thinks creatively
Team Orientation - Works with the team and the broader organization towards shared goals and treats all colleagues and clients as partners
Planning & Execution - Establishes courses of action for self and others to ensure work is completed efficiently. Effectively manages own time and resources to meet deadlines and quality standards.
Client Service – Ability to provide excellence in customer service and management
Results Focused – Looking to deliver on time and on budget
Time Management – Ability to prioritize workloads and the team against competing deliverables