IT Academy - 10th Edition
BNP Paribas is a leading European bank with an international reach. It has a presence in 72 countries, with more than 202,000 Employees – including more than 154,000 in Europe and over 5,000 in Portugal alone.
BNP Paribas is present in Portugal since 1985, having been one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, BNP Paribas has several entities operating directly in this territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
Worldwide, the Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporate and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance.
From day one you’ll have the opportunity to experience hands-on a real-life project situation integrated in one of our teams.
During the 12 months of the IT Academy Program, you will have a senior mentor that will coach you, adapt a development plan and objectives to your personal skills and function requirements, and give you regular feedback and support during the internship.
Promoting a healthy and happy workplace is part of our DNA so you will have plenty of opportunities to socialize and have fun with your colleagues.
Our goal is to coach talented people that are aligned with our culture and values so that at the end of the program they can join our permanent staff.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Depending on your academic background and preferences, you might be invited to integrate one of these areas:
· Software Developers – contribute actively to all stages of software life cycle development from design, specification, implementation, testing and deployment providing technical expertise but also critical and constructive insight
· Functional and Business Analysts – drive the business requirements gathering process using a structured framework and modelling techniques that can be easily understood by the IT implementation team
· IT Processes and Governance – Transversal activities within IS/IT scope such as cybersecurity, business continuity and asset management.
· Recently graduated (less than 2 years professional experience) in one of the following areas:
o Informatics Engineering/Computer Science/Information Systems and TI
- Solid knowledge of object oriented programming languages and development frameworks.
- Good understanding of software engineering lifecycle and architecture principles.
o Applied Mathematics/Engineering
- SQL and Data Modelling
- Academic experience with at least one object oriented programming language
· Fluent in English
· Team Player
· Fast learner
· Flexible /open to change
· Positive and self-driven
Start Date: September 2019
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.