- Do you want to be part of one of the top banks and employers in the world?
- Be part of a diverse and multi-cultural environment?
- Be able to develop your accounting and financial skills in a consolidated Finance Department?
If your answer to the 3 questions is YES, you must continue reading.
WHAT YOU WILL BE PART OF?
As an Accounting Control Officer, you are responsible for ensuring the respect and implementation of the key internal accounting control principles of Group Finance. You will contribute to implement and maintain a strong control environment:
- At the level of the Finance Platform (it´s name is "Oxygen Platform").
- In all European countries / entities under AC EMEA supervision, in order to guarantee the high quality of the financial data reported to the Head Office and to local authorities.
Just for the record, you will be able to cover a large area of banking activities (Corporate & Investment Banking, Retail Banking, Personal finance and other financial services activities…).
HOW WILL YOU HELP US?
• By operating accounting controls:
- Monitor the accounting quality and identify anomalies.
- Exchange with European Back Offices and EMEA Finance in order to analyse the issues and conclude on the necessary potential amendments.
- Report the findings of the operated controls through comments with conclusions on the risk and indicators.
- Facilitate the elaboration of action plans.
- Prepare notes and synthesis documents and deliver comprehensive and synthetic reports.
• By working closely with the departments responsible for the maintenance of the accounting control tools and participate, when necessary, to the tests of the IT enhancements.
• By contributing to the Internal Control Committee meeting (“ICC”) of Group Finance Services.
• By investigating and documenting the accounting issues raised by the Back Offices or any stakeholders of the accounting set-up.
WHAT ARE THE STANDARDS YOU NEED TO HAVE?
• Studies: Business school, University Graduate, Master Degree in Accounting, Finance or Engineering Degree.
• (VALUABLE) Minimum 2 years experience in Finance within the Banking sector (Financial Accounting, Reporting, Business/financial analysis), including audit and consultancy firms. BEGINNERS ACCEPTED.
• (VALUABLE) Experience of working in international environment appreciated.
• Availability to a training period in Paris (up to 1 month).
WHAT ABOUT LANGUAGES?
• English and/or French Advanced level.
AND THECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE?
• (A MUST) Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word), an expertise in Excel and Access is a plus (to contribute to the automation of files and processes), as well as an experience using Business Objects.
• (A MUST) Good knowledge of accounting principles such as IFRS.
• (A MUST) Knowledge of financial products and their accounting treatment.
FINALLY, ABOVE ALL, WE NEED FROM YOU TO...
• Be curious and autonomous.
• Have strong analytical mindset, control & audit.
• Have IT sensitivity.
• Have interpersonal communication and presentation skills.
• Be client focus.
• Have ability to multitask and prioritize.