Our Global Markets Americas (GMA) team works with a variety of clients, including governments, multinationals, private banks and global institutions. From hedging and financing opportunities across every asset class, to research and market intelligence, our clients rely on us to develop and deliver market-leading solutions and impeccable service as standard.
The GMA COO and Transversal Internship Program in Chesterbrook, PA is rotational – you will have two rotations during the 10 weeks, each approximately 5 weeks long. There are a multitude of teams you could be placed on. Some of the potential groups include:
- Business Management – this team contributes directly to the business development and its sound operation. It also facilitates and optimize the interaction between the Front Office and its Business Partners.
- Sales and Trading Support (SATA) – this team works directly with Sales and Trading to provide best in class pre and post trade execution to clients. The teams also act as the liaison between the Front Office and its Business Partners for trade related activities
- Electronic Client Solutions (ECS) – this team represents the backbone of BNP Paribas’s Electronic trading offerings and providing a single point of contact for Client queries for all our Electronic products and services. ECS supports Clients, ECNs and external counterparties, in conjunction with eSales and Voice sales teams, and is responsible for Client Onboarding, Client Support and vendor/account management across all our Ecommerce platforms
- Institutional Client Development (Client Dev) – this team in the Americas supports the growth of the client franchise and the execution of initiatives across the platform. Client Dev is organized around four pillars of focus: Market Intelligence to provide management with strategic analysis focused on benchmarking performance, Client Strategic Planning to improve results through effective identification and planning around priority accounts; Business Development to identify new growth opportunities and develop a strategic roadmap to implement initiatives and support Sales and FIC in execution and the Promotion of Tools to supporting the digitalization and adoption of tools and analytics and contribute to their development
- e-Commerce & Digital (e-C&D) – this team is a transversal department that drives the electronification and digitalization of our Global Markets division. Within the e-Commerce space, our focus is to manage the evolution and the enhancement of our electronic platforms to increase our footprint and create innovations for our clients and teams. We drive Digital transformation and are directly responsible for delivering new digital products and services
- Front Office Conduct & Surveillance (FOCS AMER) - this team is comprised of former Sales and Trading professionals across asset classes. Our aim is to proactively strengthen our controls within each business line to prevent potential misconduct that can adversely affect the bank and our clients.
- Operations Permanent Control (OPC) – this team is part of the Global Markets Americas Chief Conduct and Controls Office. The GMA OPC framework is a key component in the assessment and management of non-financial risks and implementation of the controls framework. Our goal is to be trusted risk managers for the desks, accomplished through expertise within our business lines (Global Equities, Global Macro, Global Credit, Deck and tech platforms)
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
Our internship programs are a springboard for college students to launch their careers through exciting and intellectually stimulating opportunities.
They are highly driven, intellectually stimulating, and crafted to build your real-world capabilities. To succeed amongst our teams, we look for those with a strong academic story, sharp analytical skills, and the ability to articulate ideas well, to clients and colleagues alike.
- Graduation year of Winter 2024 – Spring 2025
- All majors accepted
- STEM majors a plus
- Good understanding of management accounting
- Fast learner
- Results oriented
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
WHAT DOES A SUMMER 2024 INTERNSHIP WITH BNP PARIBAS LOOK LIKE?
At BNP Paribas, our people are our greatest asset, and we are committed to helping you grow from day one. The internship program is our primary source for hiring early talent into the Bank, providing you with the network and resources you need to build a successful career.
Over 10 weeks, you will acquire in-depth insight into BNP Paribas and gain valuable and practical experience. Whichever area you are placed in, you will join a team of award-winning specialists in a dynamic, collaborative environment. Through the program, interns have a distinct opportunity to gain guidance from mentors and exposure to senior leaders within the Bank.
As an Intern, you will:
- Engage in an initial induction training that will set you up to succeed, and allow you to network with your intern class across all business divisions
- Complete technical projects and collaborate with colleagues across the Bank, gaining exposure to real work in order to identify your skills and explore where your interests align
- Participate in weekly senior speaker events and roundtable discussions to gain a comprehensive understanding of financial markets and the industry
- Network with colleagues and learn about industry topics through workshops and speaker series, as well as through philanthropy and social events
Anticipated Program Dates: June 3, 2024 - August 9, 2024
ABOUT BNP PARIBAS
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach across the US, EMEA and APAC. It has a presence in 65 countries, with nearly 190,000 employees. In the United States, BNP Paribas has built a strong and diversified presence to support its client base. We continue to grow and strengthen our commitment to the US market through our Corporate & Institutional Banking activities. We are one of a few non-US banks to offer a full value chain for our clients, from trading to financing, and clearing and custody in the US with the international footprint and capacity to deliver both globally and locally. Leveraging the strength of our European roots, our network can support clients in virtually every region of the world, enabling more connectivity and efficiency wherever our clients conduct business. We take pride in our expertise and our ability to adapt while constantly looking ahead to create a more sustainable world.
The bank employs nearly 6,000 people and has a presence in the country since the late 1800s in major cities including New York, Jersey City, Chesterbrook, PA, San Francisco, Boston, Chicago, Denver and Washington, DC.
As an international company with a global footprint, the unique cultures and viewpoints of our team members are an integral part of the fabric of BNP Paribas. We are a company with a purpose - to be a responsible and sustainable global leader. We aim to create an environment where our employees feel empowered to drive change, make an impact and be true to themselves. We employ talented individuals from a wide variety of backgrounds, locally and globally, and are inspired by our employees who help us in cultivating a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace through initiatives such as our Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI) Leadership Forum and Employee Resource Group (ERG) communities. We strive to be a workplace where all team members can grow and thrive and offer robust training, development and mentoring opportunities to make that vision a reality. Our leaders are deeply committed to DEI and highly accessible to our employees, consistently soliciting feedback on how we can continue to support our employees to reach their highest potential.
BNP Paribas. The Bank for a Changing World - https://usa.bnpparibas/en/homepage/join-us/our-opportunities/
FINRA Registrations Required:
The role requires becoming a Registered Rep with FINRA (not a pre-requisite). The successful candidate is required to complete of series exams communicated upon hire.
CFTC Swap Dealer Associated Person (if yes, NFA Swaps Proficiency Program is required):
SEC Security-Based Swap Dealer Associated Person:
The annual base salary for this position in Chesterbrook, PA is $70,000.
EQUAL CHANCES & OPPORTUNITIES FOR ALL:
BNP Paribas is committed to providing a work environment that fosters diversity, inclusion, and equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, age, creed, sex, religion, national origin, disability (physical or mental), marital status, citizenship, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, or any other legally protected status.
Discover the different professions within BNP Paribas: IT, Tech and Data
BNP Paribas is not just a financial services group. We’re also a tech company. Information systems, data and tools are central to our DNA, and offer a very broad range of career opportunities!Find out more
Why should I apply?
Basically, why would you want to join BNP Paribas over any other company?
BECAUSE YOU'RE THE KIND OF PERSON WHO WANTS...
What if we told you that working in our Group isn’t quite what you might think? At BNP Paribas, we do a multitude of different jobs that are constantly evolving to meet the expectations of our clients and society as a whole. Whether through everyday tasks or major projects, doing one of our jobs means making a personal commitment to taking sustainable action.
Feeling good about your job means bringing your whole self to work and being who you are. It’s also about having the resources you need to achieve a healthy work-life balance. Both of these are major commitments at BNP Paribas.
At BNP Paribas, developing your skills is as important to us as it is to you. And the skills you learn with us will help you through the rest of your working life.