In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 19,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 65 markets with more than 189,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career in an international business environment that is fast-paced, diverse and focuses on creating high-value relationships with our clients. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as a working environment where you’re valued as part of the team.
* excluding partnerships
Please note that this is an internship that may require you to defer from university studies for the period of the assignment. Start date is early January 2024.
Financial Intermediaries & Corporates (FI&C) Client line, acts as a central actor in the provision of Local Custody, Global Custody and Cash Management and Treasury solutions for the Securities Services client base with BNP Paribas
Purpose of this position is to provide integral central support to the Client Lines FI&C team
- FI&C activities in the region
- Key support for regional Heads of FI&C Client Line and APAC Heads of Custody & Clearing Product
- Monitoring and reporting of profitability to regional stakeholders
- Analytical analysis and reporting of underlying client activity
- Support to local product manages in pricing new and existing client activity
- Assist the development of the product franchise
- Help the regional heads in delivering key priorities
- Generate ideas to improve our product offer
- Assist in ensuring that regional product needs and regulatory needs are well taken into account in the product development plan
- Support in maintaining product intelligence (competition features, pricing policy, regulation)
- Act as a support to the SME’s for custody product
- Support of the sale of custody products
- Assist the Regional head of custody product to delivery on agreed strategy
- Assist the custody product manager in ensuring that the sales team have a fair command of the products and services
- Assist Local product managers in terms or RFP and RFI with respect to custody products
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
- Ability to work cohesively and positively with colleagues and peers
- Good time management
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools
- Quick learning
- Hands-on approach
- Strong communication skills along with excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work transversally across locations as required
- Fluent in English (written/spoken)
- Degree course in Economics, Business, Finance, or related topic
- Proven analytical skills
- Competent strategic thinker with the ability to document and articulate solutions
- Ability to foster and maintain strong interpersonal relationships both internally and externally
Why should I apply?
Basically, why would you want to join BNP Paribas over any other company?
BECAUSE YOU'RE THE KIND OF PERSON WHO WANTS...
What if we told you that working in our Group isn’t quite what you might think? At BNP Paribas, we do a multitude of different jobs that are constantly evolving to meet the expectations of our clients and society as a whole. Whether through everyday tasks or major projects, doing one of our jobs means making a personal commitment to taking sustainable action.
Feeling good about your job means bringing your whole self to work and being who you are. It’s also about having the resources you need to achieve a healthy work-life balance. Both of these are major commitments at BNP Paribas.
At BNP Paribas, developing your skills is as important to us as it is to you. And the skills you learn with us will help you through the rest of your working life.