In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 19,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 65 markets with more than 193,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
* excluding partnerships
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career in an international business environment that is fast-paced, diverse and focuses on creating high-value relationships with our clients. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as a working environment where you’re valued as part of the team.
2024 APAC Graduate Programme – ALM Treasury - Hong Kong
Our two-year graduate programme is designed to provide you with the first class training and immediate responsibility, it gives you the support and development you need to start a successful career in financial services.
For: Final year students or recent graduates with a bachelor’s or master’s degree in any disciplines from a recognized university
Duration: 24 months
Start date: July 2024
Candidate with more than one application will not be processed - You are encouraged to review the different business lines and working locations before applying.
Who can apply?
To be considered for the placement, you will:
- Apply as a recent graduate, final year undergraduate, or master’s student in any disciplines;
- Possess GPA of 3.3 out of 4.0 or above (or equivalent) in any discipline;
- Be available to work as full time from July 2024 onwards;
- Have to be fluent in spoken and written English (additional languages are an advantage); and
Demonstrate methodical, logical, solution-driven initiatives, with commercial awareness and a keen interest in latest finance topics as well as market trends.
What you can expect?
You will be provided with a comprehensive induction, where you will be immersed in group training and discover more about the BNP Paribas Group.
From day one, you you will start your business specific technical and financial training, alongside personal skills development aimed at equipping you with the knowledge you need to get you the best possible start in your career. Working alongside our teams of industry leading specialists, you will gain on-the-job training throughout your two-year programme taking you along a development path to build your expertise and broaden your base of skills. You will also have the chance to experience other parts of the business through cross-entity projects, which will help you understand how we approach complex work and give you the chance to develop a strong internal network.
Mentor & Buddy
Throughout the programme, you will be mentored by experienced managers and team members, as well as pairing with a buddy from our early career cohorts who will make sure you are getting everything you need to grow.
What you will do?
ALM Treasury (ALMT) has a unique position within the BNP Paribas, it is a Transversal Activity present throughout the Group in more than 50 countries, with around 700 employees fulfilling 3 operational missions which consist in:
- managing the Group's liquidity position, both in business as usual conditions and in crisis situations;
- managing the interest rate risks in the banking book;
- managing operational and structural foreign exchange risks
ALMT to operates in the financial markets and partners with all of the Group’s entities.
Reporting to the Head of ALMT HK, as a ALMT Analyst, you will:
- Assist with the management of the liquidity, funding and collateral operations of ALMT in HK, for both ALM Treasury own activities and funding of business lines;
- Assist in the execution of interest rate risk hedging operations, propose and implement market optimisation strategies;
- Assist with the management of FX positions arising from day to day activities, and monthly FX hedging of business PNL (sell down);
- Conduct analysis of financial markets & their evolution, particularly those related to risks managed by ALM Treasury (interest rates, FX, sovereign bond markets);
- Perform PNL analysis/attribution, analysis of the balance sheet and its evolution;
- Contribute to processes related of regular management reporting, such as liquidity dashboards, stress tests;
- Assist across the various areas of operational risk and control for ALM Treasury activities;
- Contribute to ALM Treasury and wider Group projects;
- Assist the Prudential Liquidity Management team with analysis and development of tools to assist in meeting local regulatory liquidity requirements, where required;
- Ensure compliance with trader mandate, ALM Treasury policies, risk/credit limits and banking laws.
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
- Great multitasking and time management skills
- Strong analysis and judgement
- Meticulous accuracy with a keen eye for detail
- Confident verbal, written communication and networking skills
- Team player, proactive and enthusiastic self-starter, strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate commercial and risk awareness
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Additional languages are an advantage
- Excellent academic background, across mathematics, statistics, engineering physics or similar
- Strong mathematical, analytical & quantitative skills are critical
- Highly proficient with MS Office tools, including Excel
- Python programming skills or other programming languages strongly advantageous
- Previous internship or work experience in an ALM/Treasury or similar environment beneficial
Discover the different professions within BNP Paribas: IT, Tech and Data
BNP Paribas is not just a financial services group. We’re also a tech company. Information systems, data and tools are central to our DNA, and offer a very broad range of career opportunities!Find out more
Why should I apply?
Basically, why would you want to join BNP Paribas over any other company?
BECAUSE YOU'RE THE KIND OF PERSON WHO WANTS...
What if we told you that working in our Group isn’t quite what you might think? At BNP Paribas, we do a multitude of different jobs that are constantly evolving to meet the expectations of our clients and society as a whole. Whether through everyday tasks or major projects, doing one of our jobs means making a personal commitment to taking sustainable action.
Feeling good about your job means bringing your whole self to work and being who you are. It’s also about having the resources you need to achieve a healthy work-life balance. Both of these are major commitments at BNP Paribas.
At BNP Paribas, developing your skills is as important to us as it is to you. And the skills you learn with us will help you through the rest of your working life.