In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 18,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 65 markets with more than 190,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
* excluding partnerships
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career in an international business environment that is fast-paced, diverse and focuses on creating high-value relationships with our clients. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as a working environment where you’re valued as part of the team.
Who can apply?
To be considered for the placement, you will:
• Apply as a recent graduate, final year undergraduate, or master’s student in any discipline;
• Possess GPA of 3.3 out of 4.0 or above (or equivalent) in any discipline;
• Have to be fluent in spoken and written English (additional languages are an advantage); and
• Demonstrate methodical, logical, solution-driven thinking, with commercial awareness and a keen interest in latest finance topics as well as market trends.
What you can expect?
You will be provided with a comprehensive induction, where you will be immersed in group training and discover more about the BNP Paribas Group.
From day one, you will start your business specific technical and financial training, alongside personal skills development aimed at equipping you with the knowledge you need to get you the best possible start in your career. Working alongside our teams of industry leading specialists, you will gain on-the-job training throughout your two-year programme taking you along a development path to build your expertise and broaden your base of skills. You will also have the chance to experience other parts of the business through cross-entity projects, which will help you understand how we approach complex work and give you the chance to develop a strong internal network.
Mentor & Buddy
Throughout the programme, you will be mentored by experienced managers and team members, as well as pairing with a buddy from our early career cohorts who will make sure you are getting everything you need to grow.
What you will do?
- Develop good understanding of different macro products across FX, rates and credit.
- Join colleagues on the desk for client meetings to develop good understanding of client profiles.
- Help with pricing different macro products as per client’s requirements independently as well as via structuring/trading.
- Prepare pitch-books containing trade ideas that are relevant to clients’ needs and are relevant in the prevailing market conditions.
- Keep abreast of latest market news and events and latest regulatory developments.
- Keep track of clients’ pipeline and regularly follow-up on the same.
- Organize meetings/calls/teach-ins for clients with colleagues from trading, structuring, research and strategy etc.
- Push our digital offering, Cortex, to clients.
- Work closely with other teams such as FIC, BP2S etc across the client and trade lifecycle.
- Ensure all pre-trade checks and performed properly (credit lines check, product suitability, regulatorily allowed under EMIR, etc.).
- Ensure trades are booked properly in the relevant booking systems. Help with trade amendments if any errors. Follow-up with MO/BO to ensure trades are processed on time.
- Help prepare term-sheets pre and/or post trades as and when required.
- Follow-up closely with settlement team to ensure client cash flows are settled on time.
- Develop good understanding of internal BNP tools as well as external data/communication tools used in GM such as CRM, Cortex, Symphony, Reuters, Bloomberg, etc.
- Have a good working understanding of tools such as MS Excel, MS Word and MS Powerpoint.
- Have good oral and written communication skills.
- Comply with all relevant internal and external regulatory requirements and demonstrate the highest level of professional conduct.
- Attend relevant regulatory and product/skill trainings.