In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 17,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 73 markets with more than 196,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career in an international business environment that is fast-paced, diverse and focuses on creating high-value relationships with our clients. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as a working environment where you’re valued as part of the team.
* excluding partnerships
The APAC Summer Internship Programme is a comprehensive 10 week programme (between May/June to July/August 2020) designed to equip penultimate year students with the financial and individual competencies to potentially embark on a successful career within the BNP Paribas Group. This opportunity includes a firm wide orientation, lunch-and-learn series, networking events and on- the- job learning from our senior managers and highly experienced team members.
As part of the GMQR team focused on equity derivatives products, the intern will have a chance to use the tools of financial engineering and computer science to help BNP Paribas maintain and further its competitiveness and innovative edge.
• Development, implementation and testing of models and tools used for pricing and risk management of equity derivatives products
Students who are in the penultimate year of their degree and plan to graduate in 2020/2021 from all areas of disciplines are most welcome to apply. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
• Second upper and above (ie GPA 3.3/4)
• Takes initiative and is results driven
• Strong decision making and analytical skills
• Act with integrity
• Ability to manage change and complexity with confidence
• Strong team player
• Client focused and commercial thinking
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Self-motivated and genuine interest in Banking and Finance
• Proficiency in Microsoft office (MS Word, Excel & Power point) * Strong excel (VBA ) knowledge with ability to develop macros and pivot tables to enable automation of management reports and analytics
• Prior related internship within the banking industry is an advantage
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
Financial mathematics, statistical methods, computer programming (C++, Python under Linux)
Specific Qualifications (if required)
MSc or PhD in Financial mathematics or equivalent